Most over rated movie (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
duckofdoom said:
War of the worlds was a movie from the 70s or around that time. The Tom Cruise one is a remake.
I laugh at you. The first movie (which was actually made in the 50s) and Spielbergs one are both based around H.G Wells' novel.

scoby_2000

HSC
Bunny04 said:
Hmph- - -

I say "War of the Worlds" is still the most over rated movie of the time (right now) - And yes, i've now seen it.

how is it overrated?..... i thought it was quite under-publiscised....the only acts of publicising i saw was just tom cruise being a dick...

e.g.

- oprah

"OH MY FUCKING GOD IM IN LOVE WITH KATIE.....by the way see my film...wats it called? war of the im a dick"

- prankster

"TOM CRUISE HAS BEEN MADE A FOOL BY A PRANKSTER WHO SQUIRTED WATER AT HIM...HA...HA.......he was at a war of the worlds premiere......

i only even saw a few adds for it.....ive already seen more adds for that piece of shit called bewitched than i have for war of the worlds....

i know its hard....but try not to take out ure hatred of tom cruise on the film.... its hard tho :)

nwatts

HSC
Oh get over it. I'm sick and tired of people bashing Tom Cruise. So he's a little eccentric? Deal with it. The amount of people that do nothing else but bitch and whine about Cruise is staggering. I think (no wait, I know!) Scientology is absolute crap, but hey, who cares what he thinks... he's an actor!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind did not deserve all the great reviews it received. i just can't take jim carrey seriously.

um, Kill Bill vol. 2
Vanilla Sky
Finding Nemo
Gladiator and
Taxi Driver were each overrated as well!

walrusbear

HSC
jack white said:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind did not deserve all the great reviews it received. i just can't take jim carrey seriously.

um, Kill Bill vol. 2
Vanilla Sky
Finding Nemo
Gladiator and
Taxi Driver were each overrated as well!
:(

good call on finding nemo though
all pixar movies are severely overrated

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
A Clockwork Orange.

can you art people shut up about this, the movie is terrible

HSC
Argonaut said:
Man on Fire - while it was a good movie, I thought it was far too brutal
i agree, it was a brutal movie, i think it just hits my limits on the violence threshold. it just depends on different people, some are desensitised to violence whereas others may find it just too hard to watch a film such as this.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
nwatts said:
Oh get over it. I'm sick and tired of people bashing Tom Cruise. So he's a little eccentric? Deal with it. The amount of people that do nothing else but bitch and whine about Cruise is staggering. I think (no wait, I know!) Scientology is absolute crap, but hey, who cares what he thinks... he's an actor!
Repped

10 characters

walrusbear

HSC
Krangelus said:
A Clockwork Orange.

it's probably overrated but why is it terrible?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Krangelus said:
A Clockwork Orange.

Wow, what a great argument. /sarcasm

Then what movies do you like?

nwatts

HSC
Krangelus said:
A Clockwork Orange.

No way. A Clockwork Orange is an outstanding film.

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned 'Elephant', a film that I usually see at the top of these 'most overrated' polls. I love it, so I was disappointed in that I couldn't break out into another heated debate. :D

walrusbear

HSC
i liked elephant too
i wouldn't call it overrated because half of the world seems to loathe it

jennylim

HSC
agreed with whoever said lost in translation...somehow, it just didn't do anything for me. and yet it was being praised to the skies by the critics.

oh, and the hours. i'm sorry that was just way too depressing and boring for my liking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)