Most treasured book... (1 Viewer)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Books are marvellous !!! Sometimes you can read the most simpliest book, and its memory lasts for a life time (mwahahaha, the three little pigs)

What are your favourite books of all time?
i'm not talking about the most literary correct book, or most talked about works, i'm talking about the book that had you crying to pain, misery, laughter, excitement...dread, fear...perhaps changed your perspective on the way you live your life.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My personalised book I got for a birthday one year. My giraffe is called Nerual (i.e Lauren).

Oh and all my Vampire Chronicles, Lord Of The Rings books and Shakespeare.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
a copy of "to kill a mockingbird" ...i have a strange attachment to that book...it goes everywhere with me...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Mine would have to be 'Tin Tin, The Complete Companion', primarily due to it vanishing after I bought it last year.

Nothing can beat a James Herriot novel or one of the Discworld books, though.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
My not very well off mother gave me a full hardbacked copy of LOTR when I was 8 (they're over $100 now), it was such a gift of love. But I've always loved Power Of One and Tandia, I just seem to connect with Bryce Courtenays work and characters so well.

mayhemily

HSC
ohhh wow thats so sweet!

My most treasured book would have to be 'the hobbit,' my dad used to read it to me when i was really little and i love love love the part with the riddles! And also 'the rainbow fish' because it was the first book i bought myself.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yes, all you non-HP fans will all groan with disgust, but definitely my harry potter books. and the old cardboard goldenstory (?) books.. and my mr men books... and the first bible i ever bought.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
This was a major catalyst in my 'spree' (Since the beginning of last year) of acquiring literature, and as such is important to me, for this effect, and for its beautiful prose and deep insights (Among other things);

Hermann Broch-The Death Of Virgil.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
depends on where ur standing, n wot u c....but hell if ur at skool, i dare anyone to try n use it as an other related text about their "journey"

C

CaR

Memoirs of a Geisha...
something that i've read recently that i ve have found inspirational

m1nx

HSC
definitely The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)