• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most useful major (1 Viewer)

AnandDNA

HSC
I was looking through the 2009 cut offs and i cant seem to find the UNSW Bcom/Beco course. So why isnt it there and whats the recent cut-off around :)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I was looking through the 2009 cut offs and i cant seem to find the UNSW Bcom/Beco course. So why isnt it there and whats the recent cut-off around :)
It tends to be grouped under just the bcom course and has the same UAI cut-off anyway.

DaGizza

HSC
I don't think commerce degrees should be devalued just because undergrads can do the degree. In the UK, law is undergrad whereas in the US it is post-grad only and in Australia either post-grad or combined (which sort post-grad anyway because you do most of it in your last years of study).

Having said that, the degrees with names like "International business and management" or "Business administration" sound like complete bullshit. And commerce can be criticised for its general uselessness. It doesn't give you a license for any particular jobs so people who haven't studied commerce can do any commerce related job.

Compare this with medicine and law, which you need if you want to become a qualified doctor or lawyer/judge. I guess accounting also has qualifications, but it is in the form of CA/CPA and not a commerce degree.

melissaLOL

HSC
you dont need to do accounting to become an accountant

just like you dont need to do actuary to become an actuary

as long as you pass the CA/CPA tests, (and do their courses) youre an acctnt

melissaLOL

HSC
in case youre wondering how i can make such a claim, my bro does comlaw and he told me this so it should be correct :)

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
in case youre wondering how i can make such a claim, my bro does comlaw and he told me this so it should be correct :)
You know, it's not like this information is classified. Why don't you go over to the CA website and look at what the requirements are yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)