Most WANTED and Most HATED subject! (1 Viewer)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Yeah. Dislike Maths. I did well in it, but I just hated it so much. Did it purely for its scaling and ATAR.

I liked Advanced English a lot more than Extension. But this was mainly because we had a shit elective for Extension (Science Fiction). A lot of people find Extension English a lot easier, and hence enjoy it a lot more. And as Yash correctly states, I eventually did drop Extension just before my HSC, because my other subjects were pretty good.
WHY AM I JUST YASH NOW WHERE HAS THE MYSTERY GONE?

Also there are no calculus techniques in 2 Unit. It's just a bunch of straightfoward formulas (I'm 100% serious here). I would have loved Science Fiction, I've read every book out of my own interest on the reading list. I despise Navigating the Global (may drop it depending on teacher this year/workload).

It's interesting that you did a pretty much Maths/Science based subject combination yet you want to do Arts/Law. Although that said you don't reallly need to do any subject specifically for those degrees, so ATAR boosting is the best way to do it. I dunno, I never understood Physics in junior high so I didn't pick it, and I don't regret it, though I realise how easy it is compared to what I previously thought. However for me picking Modern over it was the best decision I ever had.

kfnmpah

HSC
BEST: Chem and maths when we weren't doing probability

WORST: English. all time worst subject of all time.

Schoey93

HSC
WHY AM I JUST YASH NOW WHERE HAS THE MYSTERY GONE?

Also there are no calculus techniques in 2 Unit. It's just a bunch of straightfoward formulas (I'm 100% serious here). I would have loved Science Fiction, I've read every book out of my own interest on the reading list. I despise Navigating the Global (may drop it depending on teacher this year/workload).

It's interesting that you did a pretty much Maths/Science based subject combination yet you want to do Arts/Law. Although that said you don't really need to do any subject specifically for those degrees, so ATAR boosting is the best way to do it. I dunno, I never understood Physics in junior high so I didn't pick it, and I don't regret it, though I realise how easy it is compared to what I previously thought. However for me picking Modern over it was the best decision I ever had.
I think that the calculus in the Mathematics course is more difficult than you make it sound. You have to sketch graphs, too. When I looked at the textbook (Maths in Focus 2nd Edition, Preliminary course) - the "Introduction to Calculus" chapter did more than just ask you to memorise formulae. You have studied the Year 11 course though - if you're right then that's disappointing. Do you think my teacher would extend me and teach me more detailed calculus if I was doing well?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Sketching graphs is nothing. Draw a cartesian plane, find the points/necessary information, put them on and join the dots. Calculus in 2U does not get very detailed. It's simply differentiation and integration, and there's basic techniques of doing them. The types of questions you get wont be exactly difficult if you know your rules (plus they give you a Standard Integrals sheet in Year 12 so you can just look it up if you forgot). I highly doubt your school is going to give you a more difficult 2U paper that actually requires you to think much (ours tend to be aimed at 3U kids hence they're a bit more difficult) so 2U will be fairly straightforward. And Maths in Focus is a joke book. Buy 2U Fitzpatrick and do 1 exercise a day starting from the beginning. You'll easily finish in a year, and you can now do 2U maths for HSC. Spend year 12 doing past papers.

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Most wanted: Biology, but I'll see ^^;
Probably most loathsome: English followed closely by Maths.

Curkz

HSC
Most Wanted: Chemistry/Bio
Most Hated: Probably maths or english lol

dan2452

HSC
Most wanted: Chemistry/Physics/Economics
Most Apprehensive: Maths 3u, English
Most Disliked: Modern History

Lol @ my 99+ ATAR Aim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)