Motion Picture Original Scores! (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

KING ARTHUR.............the music in that movie is the best......i only watched it today though....so i don't know who does wat in terms of the musical scores

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i think we like music from soundtracks better than just normal songs because we've attached emotions from the movie to the songs... that's how i see it anyways :D
i loved the soundtrack from ned kelly, it made me want to pick film and television for one of my topics and now i'm screwed coz i'm out of inspiration :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
lion... i'm guessing you like anime music! (i looked at your winamp playlist lol)
you know what's really good? (i know i'm going to get ripped for this... but) disney cartoon music. i remeember ages ago watching beaty and the beast and the music made me cry... same goes for the lion king!

Scoot

Champion!
HSC
Li0n loves "The Lion King" OST. Hence his nickname.

I was always a big fan of the Aladdin OST in my younger days.

Anyone heard the score to remember the Titans. Thats what im listening to at the moment, its awesome!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
haha i see it now!
the soundtrack to moulin rouge was pretty good
it had bollywood on it!
haha bollywood rocks!

CarinaT

I love the music in E.T- The Extra-Terrestrial.
John Williams is a genius! :p
I especially love the Flying Theme.

Scoot

Champion!
HSC
CarinaT said:
I love the music in E.T- The Extra-Terrestrial.
John Williams is a genius! :p
I especially love the Flying Theme.

The flying theme is awesome. I have it on the "Phillips Eloquence" CD with "The Best of Hollywood". Their rendition of Jurassic Park theme is great and includes some choral elements.

Lexi

HSC
N/A
I love the Forrest Gump Suite. Love! And Man From Snowy River ... The energy created is unbelievable!
By the way. What is/are OST's? Isn't this topic Motion Picture Original Scores? >-<

CarinaT

Scoot said:
The flying theme is awesome. I have it on the "Phillips Eloquence" CD with "The Best of Hollywood". Their rendition of Jurassic Park theme is great and includes some choral elements.
I bought the E.T soundtrack thinking that the Flying Theme was in it...but it was only the background music of the movie. Oh well. :)
I'll try and find the CD you mentioned.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
arrg, i hate it how they don't have ALL the songs off the movies in some OSts
i really wanted that medley of Smells like Teen spirit and the can can and other famous songs from the moulin rouge OSt but it wasn't on there!

Scoot

Champion!
HSC
I saw I,Robot yesterday. Suprisingly it was pretty good, as was the soundtrack. Its has some nice emotional themes, and some great action cues

Eddie2004

HSC
love soundtracks! Favs include:

Road to Perdition, trainspotting, James Bond movies, Stargate, HP, LOTR, Donie Darko, Chicago, Singin in the rain, American Beauty etc etc

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Yup agreed.
anyone who got to work with orlando bloom twice gets my complete and utter devotion.
jk jk!
i love his stuff, especially the soundtrack to the ring. i didn't notice the music much, which means he's fantasmical at mood music.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
My fav. scores:
'Round Midnight---> YOU HAVE TO LISTEN (especially if u like JAZZ)
Life Is Beautiful
Cold Mountain
Truman Show- Philip Glass
The Hours- Philip Glass
Mulholland Drive- Very creepy!
The Royal Tennenbaums
And LOTR of course!!!

Man, i love film scores!!!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Philip Glass' film work is the best music he writes. Minimalism = Copy and Paste. Which really worked for me during first year, where I'd just copy and paste the same bar again and again and call it minimalism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)