• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Motivation during school holidays (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL alot of people are motivated by the.. "Just to beat some smartass/nerd/etc.." principle. Even me^^

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL alot of people are motivated by the.. "Just to beat some smartass/nerd/etc.." principle. Even me^^
Aren't they, by definition, the smartass/nerd? :p

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
yeah that motivates me =P

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
insert-username said:
Aren't they, by definition, the smartass/nerd? :p

I_F
I think that would make them the 'wantabe smartass/nerd', unless they are coming 2nd and don't think that is good enough want to be first in all their courses and won't be happy with a 99.99 UAI.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The irony is that a lot of the ppl in my school who studied their asses off and got branded 'nerd' ended up with UAIs in the 90-96 range... yet the 'jocks' (based on what i've heard) all ended up with much higher UAIs. To me, I was just glad I beat my rival from kindergarten who always studied his ass off and thought I was a joke for not studying harder subjects (he did phys, chem, eco... i did ipt, biz, eco)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
The irony is that a lot of the ppl in my school who studied their asses off and got branded 'nerd' ended up with UAIs in the 90-96 range... yet the 'jocks' (based on what i've heard) all ended up with much higher UAIs. To me, I was just glad I beat my rival from kindergarten who always studied his ass off and thought I was a joke for not studying harder subjects (he did phys, chem, eco... i did ipt, biz, eco)
good work !

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
You want motivation?
Work hard or your UAI will be shit and you WONT be going to uni.

and..if the bf doesnt change the marks, the bf stays.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks guys- haha i wasn't expecting a congrats (wasn't the intention) but yeh my message/meaning was meant to be... you don't have to be nerdy/studyholic to get a good UAI (it might help i'm guessing) and you don't have to be doing the super-hard subjects either.

elisabeth

HSC
A quote if you're into tough love and working through anger, instead of praise and encouragement:

"Getting a bad UAI isn't the end of your life, just the start of a shit one"

Darkening

HSC
elisabeth said:
A quote if you're into tough love and working through anger, instead of praise and encouragement:

"Getting a bad UAI isn't the end of your life, just the start of a shit one"
Girl... i love you... im puttin that on all my books, diaries and everythin i need for school to remind me!!! UR A LEGEND :p
My year cooridinator will probz kill me for doin that... he is so militarty strict like!!! every day "300 dais till HSC", "299 dais till the Big day".....

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes the HSC count down is on the BOS homepage and just incase you forgot "THERE ARE 282 DAYS UNTIL THE 2006 HSC". ;)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
How convenient... :rolleyes:

Damn, time's flying these holidays. I always hate that.

P

pLuvia

It's so fast now that we're are year 12 students :( or it could be a good thing :D

connected

HSC
If it's any consolation to anyone, I haven't touched any set texts or assignments these holidays either. I plan to do so after I come back from the Gold Coast on the 21st. :D

P

pLuvia

You can always read one of your novels on your trip to the Gold Coast :) Just a suggestion to kill time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)