motivation to study? (1 Viewer)

bowl of pho

HSC
we're back to school this week and yet i still lack the motivation to study well for this year. basically since the beginning of high school, we're all told about the importance of studying and managing time properly in year 12 (as it's the HSC ofc) but i can't seem to get myself so start studying even though i know i need to get it together.

how do i make myself more motivated? i feel like i'm giving up already but the school year hasn't even begun yet ๐Ÿ˜”

haha and then there's a huge pile of holiday homework i haven't finished staring back at me ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
we're back to school this week and yet i still lack the motivation to study well for this year. basically since the beginning of high school, we're all told about the importance of studying and managing time properly in year 12 (as it's the HSC ofc) but i can't seem to get myself so start studying even though i know i need to get it together.

how do i make myself more motivated? i feel like i'm giving up already but the school year hasn't even begun yet ๐Ÿ˜”

haha and then there's a huge pile of holiday homework i haven't finished staring back at me ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
Perhaps watch some motivation study videos? Write down your goals every day as this will give you an incentive to complete them. This pretty much worked for me

gudetamago

HSC
Uni Grad
Dear OP:

Motivation can become your worst enemy during your HSC year. But you must learn to befriend it and use it to your advantage. Start slow and make To-do lists instead of a rigid timetable. It's more likely you'll stick to completing these tasks rather than following a pre-made schedule you're bound to neglect after the second week. Always have your goals in mind. What do you what to get out of doing your HSC? What are you hoping to achieve? Where will the HSC take you after school? Remember, it's okay to spend time off from studying, but don't make it a habit. Consistency is one of the keys to mastering the HSC. The HSC is a marathon and not a race.

A teacher told me this at school and I have kept it with me ever since: Your HSC and ATAR is NOT a reflection of how intelligent you are against other students in your cohort. Your HSC and ATAR is a reflection of the amount of hardwork and effort you are willing to put in for your own education.

Stay strong and I hope you find your motivation.

bowl of pho

HSC
Perhaps watch some motivation study videos? Write down your goals every day as this will give you an incentive to complete them. This pretty much worked for me
ooooh i see, i'll try and see if this works for me too, thanks!

bowl of pho

HSC
Dear OP:

Motivation can become your worst enemy during your HSC year. But you must learn to befriend it and use it to your advantage. Start slow and make To-do lists instead of a rigid timetable. It's more likely you'll stick to completing these tasks rather than following a pre-made schedule you're bound to neglect after the second week. Always have your goals in mind. What do you what to get out of doing your HSC? What are you hoping to achieve? Where will the HSC take you after school? Remember, it's okay to spend time off from studying, but don't make it a habit. Consistency is one of the keys to mastering the HSC. The HSC is a marathon and not a race.

A teacher told me this at school and I have kept it with me ever since: Your HSC and ATAR is NOT a reflection of how intelligent you are against other students in your cohort. Your HSC and ATAR is a reflection of the amount of hardwork and effort you are willing to put in for your own education.

Stay strong and I hope you find your motivation.
thanks for all the advice! i'll make sure to try my best ๐Ÿ˜Š

HP20006

HSC
Hey, I just started year 11 and am doing biology, just wanted to know how you studied for it and any tips for doing well. Plus, did you type or write out your notes. Thank-you.

skiddys

HSC
I think one of the biggest motivators is finding something you're passionate about. For me, it didn't even have to be within the subject specifically. I love making pretty and neat notes, so I eventually gained motivation to always handwrite my notes as it let me be creative and use my huge hoard of cute stationery lol.

Once I was motivated to write notes (just for the aesthetics), I ended up absorbing information anyways. Once my notes were pretty enough to my standard, I'd want to look at them and read them through anyways (โ—'โ—ก'โ—)

Of course, this is a roundabout way to be motivated, but if you can find something within the subject that you really enjoy, you'll naturally find motivation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)