motivation to work.. (1 Viewer)

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
hey guys i have this huge problem with motivation to do english work both at school and at home. If we are doing work in class i rarely do it so i tell myself i will do it at home but then when i get home i never do it cos i'm just not motivated to do it. I have no trouble doin any of my other work (ext2 maths, physics, chem, hospo). So i was wondering if anyone out there has any idea of techniques i can use to get me motivated enough to do english work. by the way, i'm only doin it cos its compulsory, i absolutely hate english...so any help would be great thanx guys!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well for me, at the start of prelim, i was getting really shit english marks (12/20, etc)-but i really deserved them now i look back
anyways, when my teacher kept giving me 12, and other people 16 for writing the same thing in the same way it was like she was saying 'ok, you suck too much to do adv' and if someone tells me i cant do something (in this case couldnt keep up in adv) then its like i HAVE to do it to prove them wrong, so i just worked my arse off to improve and show my teacher that i could do it and prove her wrong, and by the end of prelim i was getting 18+ for all my essays.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
try and find something interesting about the texts, something you enjoy

and do your work at school!! you have to, at least you will be doing some work, do not leave it until you get home, no matter how unmotivated you are

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
well, my English Adv teacher's super nice! I don't usually do English hwk, but sometimes I'd do it voluntarily whenever I see a task that I like to do. But I didn't find that we got English work very often (apart from assignments) and I was in the top class.

think of doing English hwk in a creative way. To be honest, I think English hwk is the most fun to do! try to do it as soon as possible and not leave it to last minute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)