Motivation..? (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
Hey,
I've recently started home schooling because I started a new school this year but term1 I was absent ALOT because I was quite sick and still am. So I've enrolled with this home schooling thing called "Oten" and the problem is that I have to do the whole of year 11 by the same time everyone else finishes (november) So I've got to catch up on term 1 and 2 and keep up with term 3 work. I only have four subjects through them as I do 2 subjects through tafe (one is an advanced course, its year 11 and 12 in one year and I sit my HSC for it this year). I'm having trouble balancing everything and motivation wise, I seem to get really depressed thinking "How can I possibley do this?" and slack off, I want to go to uni and its important to me, but I am just really..I dont know..unmotivated I guess. I need to work out a study timetable but I've tried and I keep messing it up, if anyone could help with how to keep motivated,study tips etc and if anyone can give me a hand working out my study timetable, I would muchly appreciate it.
Thanks for reading this far, I hope to hear from someone..anyone! :)
Ciao
Rory

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
umm i dunno ur timetable wud b different to most ppl since u do oten

when i come home i dont do any work till abt 6ish
then i have dinner
start 2 hrs of maths at 7
muck around till about 9:30
do other hw

i guess the thing that keeps me motivated is looking thru those uni brochure things and telling myself which course i want to get into... the work will be worth it in the end

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Well personally i am competive (in some subjects any way), and there are a couple of people i just looooove beating, so that motivates me a bit.
But since your at home schooling have you tried rewarding your self???? say things like "if i finish this topic in a week i will buy that CD," and stick to it, if you don't finish it no CD, (how corny did that sound lol, but it works).
Also if you pretend to like a subject and keep pretend ti like in and think its fun and easy and intresing it, mill soon magically become that because you have focused on it so much, or maybe thats just me. :confused:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah kind of what Tenille said, 'trick' yourself into believing that you love the subject and like studying for it.

Also, go and study at a library instead of home, you'll be amazed how mch more work you do!!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Yeah kind of what Tenille said, 'trick' yourself into believing that you love the subject and like studying for it.

Also, go and study at a library instead of home, you'll be amazed how mch more work you do!!
so true at home there are evil temptations such as the computer
then again there are computers at the library but u can't do much with them

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
make sure u dnt give up!! it's the hardest thing, but the moment i find myself thinking that i can't get my work finished, i slack off and i don't get it done.

if u make a timetable u make the sections of time longer than u think u'll need, coz it always takes more time than u think. stick 2 the timetable and make sure that u have time 2 relax.

anotha idea is, instead of having fixed times e.g. "1-2pm maths", just decide on a length of time e.g."maths, 1hr" and then during the day choose which subject u wanna do at whateva time. it's a bit more flexible that way.

r u doing ur hsc in the subject this yr wen u should b doing yr 11? coz mayb its betta 2 do it next yr bcoz thats only gonna add more stress.

also, just rememba that yr 11 is a practice 4 yr 12, so if u dnt get the marks u want this yr u can definately improve on them next yr.

reply and tell us how ur goin, ok??

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Hey i'm doing Year 12 with OTEN at the moment...i have trouble getting motivated as well, it's so hard when you're doing it by yourself. If you haven't already, get the OTEN study skills package sent out to you...most of it is pretty basic, but i found some of the stuff helpful, especially the time management part!
I've had to do the catch up thing as well, because i only started in January...try and make a timetable and stick to it, (i've only just starting to do this now, i've been slacking off) but don't do the same thing every day...it gets SO boring. Oh another thing, with the OTEN notes, when you get the packages they look really huge and it can seem pretty daunting...break up all the notes into topics, and put them into folders etc...organising the notes makes things a lot easier, especially when you're looking for something specific in them.
Anyway, good luck, if you want to chat sometimes just send me a private message :)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
sorry one more thing...use the OLS website, it's really useful. When it comes to the assignments, look in your subject area because they often have starting points for you , like research links and other helpful resources.

volition

arr.
HSC
I think some good motivation is: "What am I gonna do if I don't make it into my course?" :p

The best advice I can give you is to get rid of distractions(MSN,BOS,computer bludging, whatever else you do that isn't productive) to studying

Riviet

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
And yet people still find the time to make new ones ...
It's not the time that's the point, but the fact that they don't bother checking for existing threads before starting a new one.

Rory

HSC
Hah uhm thanks? Dude this thread is 3yrs old, safe to say I got over my motivation issues seeing as im 2nd yr uni and all..

w00dy.

HSC
Rory said:
Hah uhm thanks? Dude this thread is 3yrs old, safe to say I got over my motivation issues seeing as im 2nd yr uni and all..
....my bad

well thats a good thing at least.

i did have some sort of 'whats going on here' thought when i noticed that your hsc thingy said 2004. hrrmm

well congrats on figuring it all out. and making it to uni and such.

ill be off now... lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)