• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Motors and Generators prac asses (1 Viewer)

asnodgr

HSC
I really really need help with the assessment that is I have to build a DC motor. Ive looked in all the resources n searched n searched the net and all I can find is the "buy this kit" thing and the really simple copper wire one. I have to make one a little more complex than that so can someone please please help me???
:wave:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You are most likely searching for the wrong things. First of all you shouldn't be searching for instructions on how to make one, it takes alot of the point out of the assignment. Try searching for how DC motors work then you can construct one based off that.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
mhmm. then use some notes that u gathered from school. don't be afraid to ask ur teachers for help. they'll be glad to assist u.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
asnodgr said:
I really really need help with the assessment that is I have to build a DC motor. Ive looked in all the resources n searched n searched the net and all I can find is the "buy this kit" thing and the really simple copper wire one. I have to make one a little more complex than that so can someone please please help me???
Do you mean build an actual DC motor?
All you need to do is know the components of the DC motor and their functions as well as a diagram of a motor which is accessible in just about every HSC Physics textbook.
- Stator (permanent magnets, often bar magnets)
- Rotor (a coil or coils of wire)
- Carbon brushes (graphite brushes/blocks)
- Split ring commutator (metallic ring split in the middle)
- External circuit (wires that are attached to the carbon brushes to external power source)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)