Move schools or not?? (1 Viewer)

bob_carter

HSC
I am stuck in a very difficult situation about whether or not to move schools and i need recommendations.
I just started year 11 a week ago. This is because the school implemented the 3+3 hsc system where a student does their hsc for 3 subjects after one year( end of 2013) and the next 3 subjects in the following year(end of 2014).This means that i will be finishing my prelim. at the end of term 1 next year and will be starting my hsc course at the start of term 2. I have picked legal, business & 2u maths for my first year of this new system&3u maths, adv.english&economics for my 2nd year of this new system. I am a smart student because of tutoring and study & the teachers & resources @ my school are good. I am just wondering whether i should move schools or not because i have got accepted into all saints(which has the traditional hsc system) but i am just worried about this new 3+3 hsc system. So should i move schools or not? Please help me with thoughts and recommendations. Thanks

Aysce

HSC
May I ask what both of the school ranks are? The system shouldn't really be a major problem, although it could be a little more stressful. I honestly wouldn't move PURELY because of this change but moving to a new school that is higher ranked and uses the traditional system is, I guess, a bonus to you. If it's higher ranked and you feel uncomfortable with the 3+3 system, I recommend moving but that's just opinion.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There are pros/cons to both system-you have to make an asessment to which is personally best for you.

Personally I'd got the traditional way-I'd have to have 2 hours of each sub a day and to only have three to mix it up with.

bob_carter

HSC
well all saints is ranked higher than my school but i really don't mind my current school since i have good teachers teaching me.i do feel ok with this system but i am a bit scared contemplating about the fact that i'm doing my hsc next year. i'm just worried about readiness. that's why i'm so stuck lol :/
May I ask what both of the school ranks are? The system shouldn't really be a major problem, although it could be a little more stressful. I honestly wouldn't move PURELY because of this change but moving to a new school that is higher ranked and uses the traditional system is, I guess, a bonus to you. If it's higher ranked and you feel uncomfortable with the 3+3 system, I recommend moving but that's just opinion.

bob_carter

HSC
There are pros/cons to both system-you have to make an asessment to which is personally best for you.

Personally I'd got the traditional way-I'd have to have 2 hours of each sub a day and to only have three to mix it up with.
U reckon it'll be boring doing 3 subjects only?? i've only been through this system for a week so i haven't felt much and that's why i need thoughts and recommendations. gosh i'm stuck lol :/

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I would take the 3+3 system over the traditional system any day of the week. It allows you to focus on 5-6 units only, each year. It SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the work load and for me, I had 7 units and chilled out all year and did quite well.

nifkeh

HSC
3+3 is better in a way since you can only screw 6 units at a time, because the others are only prelims that dont count

however

if you are the type who doesn't like repeating stuff/getting things prolonged and loses motivation and focus because it's boring and wants to get the hsc done with all together in one year then I'd say move to all saints

but one thing good about the 3+3 system is you have lots of more time free in your last year, unlike me lol. I'm doing 11 units currently

elissajean

HSC
Uni Grad
If you think you have good teachers and can do well at your school, I don't know that there's much point moving. If you're not feeling ready for next year, could you try getting tutoring? I'm a tutor, as it says in my signature, but I'm not saying this to advertise for myself. I just know that my students generally feel a lot more prepared because they have weekly help and someone to talk them through assessments etc. Maybe you could find someone local to help you?

czhuu

HSC
Okay I am so confused right now about your situation but I suggest not moving schools if you are completely happy with where you are right now at your current school. You never know... things might get messed up when you switch schools... I mean with the different systems and all. Either way, I guess just stick to what you feel is comfortable because you don't wanna mess up year 12. Good luck dude

Bobbo1

HSC
Just stick to the traditional system, HSC can get pretty stressful and it's best to get it over and done with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)