MOVIE: Closer (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Tennille said:
People have different opinions of the movie so you don't have to go sticking it up everyone just because they didn't like it.
I don't actually give a rat's ass if you liked it or not you fucking moron. My issue here is that you've failed to understand that its depictions of relationships was FAR more realistic than something like, oh, 95% of major Hollywood movies.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Katie123 said:
i have free tickets to it so it wont be so painful i guess
haha i used to have 2 free tickets to the movies every day...being free doesn't make a shit movie less painful :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Haha, this was like, the anti-never been kissed or pretty in pink :p

tennille

HSC
glycerine said:
I don't actually give a rat's ass if you liked it or not you fucking moron. My issue here is that you've failed to understand that its depictions of relationships was FAR more realistic than something like, oh, 95% of major Hollywood movies.
I dont think that the majority of relationships involve people coming over each other, unless it is in your case. So stop fucking being a dickhead and accept my opinion! You liked the movie, good on ya. I don't give a shit. I didn't! That's that!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Tennille said:
I dont think that the majority of relationships involve people coming over each other, unless it is in your case. So stop fucking being a dickhead and accept my opinion! You liked the movie, good on ya. I don't give a shit. I didn't! That's that!
Um, no, but relationships are messy, and people sabotage themselves, and get fucked over, and fuck themselves and their partners over. Grow up you retard and get past the sexual elements over the movie.

tennille

HSC
Let me make this a bit more clearer. You liked it...I didnt. Is it that hard to understand? Anyway, we both have different opinions.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Oh my god you fucking idiot.

I do not give a shit about whether or not you LIKED the movie. To be honest, I was quite bored for the first half an hour or so. What gets me is that you obviously cannot understand that Closer took a far more realistic approach to how people cope in relationships than most movies I've ever seen. Maybe all your relationships have been all happy la la, and if so, you're lucky... but in my experience and the experience of those around me... most of them aren't.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Tennille said:
Let me make this a bit more clearer. You liked it...I didnt. Is it that hard to understand? Anyway, we both have different opinions.
except for the part where you are an idiot, which therefore makes your opinion invalid

tennille

HSC
Now, now, no need to get all bitchy on me. I found the plot unrealistic probably because I don't have those types of relationships. I also fiound it repetitive. But people have different relationships so they can relate to it more.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Tennille said:
Now, now, no need to get all bitchy on me. I found the plot unrealistic probably because I don't have those types of relationships. I also fiound it repetitive. But people have different relationships so they can relate to it more.
do you have any types of relationships?

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Wow this turned into bitch mecca, didn't it?

Tennille - i agree that the movie was repetitive
Glycerine - I agree that the movie was heaps realistic (after all - aren't a lot of relationships repetitive just like that - fuck get fucked fuck someone else miss your past fuck etc?)

But jebus, why do some people think they know more than other people about the "real world". The "real world" is exactly whatever it is that you're exposed too, because its all relative. And if Tennille doesn't have those types of relationships, then obviously she wont think the movie is realistic... while others will. And yeah one day she might get screwed and then screwed over and will receive a rude awakening... but conversely, one day others might experience a really pleasant, loving, trauma-free relationship and THAT will become their reality. It's not like one person knows more... they just know something different.

Rambling...

Amryllis

HSC
Beckiki_S said:
Wow this turned into bitch mecca, didn't it?

Tennille - i agree that the movie was repetitive
Glycerine - I agree that the movie was heaps realistic (after all - aren't a lot of relationships repetitive just like that - fuck get fucked fuck someone else miss your past fuck etc?)

But jebus, why do some people think they know more than other people about the "real world". The "real world" is exactly whatever it is that you're exposed too, because its all relative. And if Tennille doesn't have those types of relationships, then obviously she wont think the movie is realistic... while others will. And yeah one day she might get screwed and then screwed over and will receive a rude awakening... but conversely, one day others might experience a really pleasant, loving, trauma-free relationship and THAT will become their reality. It's not like one person knows more... they just know something different.

Rambling...
That's some deep ramblings there... You took the words out of my mouth :)

There's really no point in arguing about different opinions, you'll just increase your blood pressure (health hazard!). Just accept that people have different perspectives - no need for name calling. :)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Closer (Possible Spoilers)

So has anyone seen this oscar nominated film?

I saw it the other week. At first, I wasn't impressed. I thought that there was sooo much dialogue crammed into sequences with not much action. Then the language and the descriptions of making love (esp the scene between Julia Roberts and Clive Owen fighting in their apartment) was really really really WOAH!
Clive Owen was fantastic in it. I thought that Jude Law wasn't the best choice...Julia Roberts played her 'sad character' and as for Natalie Portman...well, I don't really watch much of her stuff. But she was good. Brave, especially for the strip club scenes.

But now I think bout it, I liked it. I found out it was adapted from a play (am now searching for it) which explains its static nature. I think its a romantic film, but says that love sucks.

So...if you've seen it...what did you like/not like about it? And do you think that Portman/Owen are worthy nominees for the Academy Awards?

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
closer, one of the shittest movies i have ever seen
though i did like natalie portman dang

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i saw it and enjoyed it

does anyone else think that alice/jane dies at the end, because apparently in the play her character dies just as jude law's character discovers that she isnt alice...in the movie the only thing that alludes to this is at the end when the camera focuses on portman the camera pans up to a red crossing light- some ppl think she dies after this crossing the road

neways i enjoyed the premise of the movie- "depictions" of relationships. one scene that shows this very well is where alice and the doctor are at the opening of anna's work discussing how its lie and there is no beauty within the sadness of her portraits of ppl. It basically denotes that love isnt always what it is cracked up to be.

did any1 else notice the smoking habits- i thought they were trying to imply the bad habits of the characters that they try and give up, but tend to follow them their entire lives...

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i saw it and thought it was really good

how mad is natalie portman??? wat a contrast 2 her character in garden state

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)