Movie that made a great impression on you (1 Viewer)

*Minka*

HSC
Lola Rennt.

Didn't see any of it coming, brilliant, unique and great music.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
olchik said:
Has anybody watched Hostel? How about this one?
See the Hostel thread. I haven't seen it, but it seems like a pretty slasher movie, following in the footsteps of Wolf Creek and classics such as House of Wax, Chaos and so on- gore for the sake of gore. If Hostel really impresses you, chances are you'll like Silent Hill and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes too.

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
American History X
The Passion Of The Christ
The Green Mile

lot more but can't think of any at the moment lol.

walrusbear

HSC
was passion of the christ a reminder of how shit movies can be?

hello_world

HSC
"thirteen" - that movie fucking freaked me out, it was about 2 13yr old girls taking drugs and making out with each other... but it was good and really changed my perspective on teenagers in America

"fight club" - an awesome movie

"clockwork orange" - not exactly a new movie, but it also really affected me... worth watching, but also pretty violent

kimmi06

HSC
1. Amelie- delightfully quirky and beautiful. My favourite scene is when Amelie helps the blind man across the street and gives him descriptions of the world that he can't see- it made me cry!

2. Garden State- sooo beautiful! Fav line- "If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like".

3. Coffee and Cigarettes- this was weird and I wasn't quite sure if I liked it to begin with, but as I watched I become more absorbed and ultimately loved it.

The movies that make the greatest impression on me are the ones that challenge me or inspire me in one way or another, and these movies are definately my top 3! Go see them if you haven't yet- pronto.

Kyle O'Brien

HSC
Malcolm X
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Especially the scene where Tuco is running around the cemetary searching for the grave with the gold in it with the Ecasty of Gold playing in the background.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kyle O'Brien said:
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Especially the scene where Tuco is running around the cemetary searching for the grave with the gold in it with the Ecasty of Gold playing in the background.
Good choice, one of my favourite scenes from TGTBATU as well. Have you seen much of Leone's other stuff?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Star Wars
Fight Club
Donnie Darko

but it's also Anime:
Chobits
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist

SharkBait

HSC
it's recent but v for vendetta just blew my mind. and im not talking abt while watching it, but more of the effects afterward. i can tell that it's gonna stick with me for a long while. being abit of a drama student, it had aspects of performance that just affirmed y i luved acting. it's a glorious movie that carries with it, a dark shadow of doubt for our own contemporary society. it made me think. and that's a movie that makes impressions.

shyr

HSC
life is beautiful (La Vita e Bella) :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
kimmi06 said:
1. Amelie- delightfully quirky and beautiful. My favourite scene is when Amelie helps the blind man across the street and gives him descriptions of the world that he can't see- it made me cry!

2. Garden State- sooo beautiful! Fav line- "If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like".

3. Coffee and Cigarettes- this was weird and I wasn't quite sure if I liked it to begin with, but as I watched I become more absorbed and ultimately loved it.

The movies that make the greatest impression on me are the ones that challenge me or inspire me in one way or another, and these movies are definately my top 3! Go see them if you haven't yet- pronto.

????
i dont know how you can watch those:
for me an ywya:
airbud
power rangers
and
teenage ninja turles

mrincredible

Superhero In Training
HSC
olchik said:
...movie which made you to think about your life, your relationship with people and may be to change your life somehow.
if you're looking for a movie that does that see RENT... the movie adaptation of the broadway musical

it just broadens your mind so much and has a profound impact on you...

ive never been to a movie where everyone in the cinema just sat there motionless after it finished for about 5 minutes

it definitely changed how i look at the world and the people in it

get it... comes out on dvd july 19th

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
mrincredible said:
if you're looking for a movie that does that see RENT... the movie adaptation of the broadway musical

it just broadens your mind so much and has a profound impact on you...

ive never been to a movie where everyone in the cinema just sat there motionless after it finished for about 5 minutes

it definitely changed how i look at the world and the people in it

get it... comes out on dvd july 19th
I'll second that. Love the social issues covered in it. I enjoy the songs as well. Very thought-provoking.

As for the other ones, here's my list:

* Dead Poets Society
* Edward Scissorhands
* The Lion King trilogy (I thought the 2nd one isn't that bad. Lush animation. Did you all notice the stories are all adapted from Shakespeare? The first movie is based on "Hamlet", the second one from "Romeo and Juliet" while the third one is a spin-off from "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern")
* I Am Sam
* A Walk to Remember
* The Notebook
* Stepmom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)