movies and relationships (1 Viewer)

schamoozlers

HSC
honestly, how much do movies convince people to want relationships at any cost??
you know how in movies, we usually see one person continuesly lusting after another character, until he/she gets to the point where they walk upto their crush and kiss them, not knowing their feelings, just doing it...... AS IF!

SERIOUSLY how many people just randomly kiss someone.. a 'kiss rape' as i like to refer to it... if u have experienced this what does one do in a situation like this? and if u have done this.....why?

kisses are good, but in the right circumstance.. i think that this can b romantic but wut if the other person despises you!? *enter awkward silence here*.... stupid movies misconcieving the youth of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Yeah I know what you mean hey I mean this one time there was this movie and then all these aliens and space ships came out of nowhere and they were packing lasers and shit and then people died, and then like this black guy comes out of nowhere and DEFEATS THE ALIENS and everyone thinks he's awesome and the aliens die and so do their lasers.

As if that ever happens.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
when i was in year 2, i kissed a guy on the cheek out of nowhere. i didn't even know why. and i got teased for a week.

when i was single before, or when i just broke up with one of my ex's, watching romantic comedies made me want to throw bricks.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Romantic comedies aren't meant to represent real life. Fantasies sell.

HSC
I think i can speak for the entire female population when I say that the kiss between Dawn and Tim in The Office was the sweetest thing ever.

I'm such a friggin pansy. I almost cried.

HSC
schamoozlers said:
honestly, how much do movies convince people to want relationships at any cost??
you know how in movies, we usually see one person continuesly lusting after another character, until he/she gets to the point where they walk upto their crush and kiss them, not knowing their feelings, just doing it...... AS IF!

SERIOUSLY how many people just randomly kiss someone.. a 'kiss rape' as i like to refer to it... if u have experienced this what does one do in a situation like this? and if u have done this.....why?

kisses are good, but in the right circumstance.. i think that this can b romantic but wut if the other person despises you!? *enter awkward silence here*.... stupid movies misconcieving the youth of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Movies make you want relationships. And movies set high standards for relationships

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
it may only be a movie
but this shit actually happens
not like aliens and crap
people and their emotions and their behaviour and kissing etc
maybe not to ur average jo blow like u or me
but im sure its happened to some random..somewhere..somehow
all this romantic lovey dovey stuff
and falling in love..kissing them out of the blue whatever..etc

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
my biggest goal is that one day my life is like one of those romantic movies.
one day, dammit!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
people are spontaneous, like, ummm, things of spontaneity (poor imagination tonight?). perhaps the right time, right place, right person will set them alight and thus they release their repressed inhibitions.

yeah, but truth is, 'perfect' things in movies never happen to imperfect me so i'll stop dreaming abt it :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ahhh love...
/me watches my sassy girl wistfully

i cry my eyes out

a) in the lecture theatre scene, when it seems like they are the only two people in the world *cue pachelbel* <3<3

b) when she's telling off the soldier at the merry go round

c) when they're on the mountain

d) at the end when gyeon-woo's aunty is pinching his cheeks, and their eyes meet... i laugh and cry so much in this scene :|

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
yeh i watched a movie once that wanted me to go out and find a girl...cant remember the name but there was lots of nudity :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The koreans have destroyed any semblance of hope of a relationship for me haha

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
powerhouse said:
Meads, I think it was Debbie Does Dallas.
THATS IT! and after watching it i wanted relationships with many girls...at the same time :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
schamoozlers said:

its just a moment and you feel like its right. after so many many hints, you just have a hunch that they feel the same way. when my boyfriend (who wasn't at the time) came back from his travels, we met up and i told him i missed him heaps when he was gone. he said the same. and it just felt right, so i took a chance, and kissed him.

taking chances like that isn't a movie thing. it sometimes happens, and should happen more often. it's just that not many of us have that sort of courage at any given moment. you put so much a risk when you do.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
its just a moment and you feel like its right. after so many many hints, you just have a hunch that they feel the same way. when my boyfriend (who wasn't at the time) came back from his travels, we met up and i told him i missed him heaps when he was gone. he said the same. and it just felt right, so i took a chance, and kissed him.

taking chances like that isn't a movie thing. it sometimes happens, and should happen more often. it's just that not many of us have that sort of courage at any given moment. you put so much a risk when you do.
I agree.

I also did a VERY out of character thing in taking a chance and blurting out how I felt. If such a thing happened in a movie, then critics would be slamming the scripters for building my character one way and having me act completely differently in another.

I can't say I regret doing it, either. :)

HSC
N/A
movies - romantic ones are cutenessed and sooo sweet
but they're only good if you've got someone to cuddle up with
else they're crap and .. well - i dont really remember what that was like..lol
but i just know it suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)