• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Movies that you hate but everyone else likes (2 Viewers)

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
That's right post those movies which you really hate but that everyone else seems to love. I'll start it off:

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
IMO, one of the gayest movies ever made. The plot is totally idiotic, the actors are terrible, the dialogue is laughable, the whole quest is ridiculous. Yes the graphics are quite revolutionary but graphics are never enough to entertain for a whole 3 movies.
I honetly cannot believe anyone over the age of 8 could truly enjoy this movie. I found the whole trilogy completely childish, that is there was absolutly no violence, no sex, etc..

I don't understand what people see in this trash of a movie, yet all 3 episodes are in the top 15 on imdb.com. I find that astounding.

1-st one:
- Boring plot and development
- Weak actors / bad characters
- Childish
- Give me some action
- Gandalf is an old cock sucker
- Ends abrubtly

2nd-one:
- Slightly more interesting, only because of the graphical innovation
- Stupid story continues
- I have absolutly no feelings for these characters, they're all sissy girls
- No substence
- Story goes nowhere / totaly pathetic

3rd-one
- Drags on, it never finishes
- Completely predictable, there's no twists
- More and more childish
- At this point the main tune pisses me off, I want to fucking kill something
- O-k graphics (only decent thing)
- Again totally outlandish boring predictable story with no substence
- Frodo's a total dickhead
- Sam is the only half decent character even though he acts like a sissy

Ok, even though there is much more hate and 'rantage' in me, I think that'll do for now :/

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
jay and silent bob strike back..........everyone i've spoken to about that movie thinks it's really funny. i don't get why

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
HellVeN said:
That's right post those movies which you really hate but that everyone else seems to love. I'll start it off:

IMO, one of the gayest movies ever made. The plot is totally idiotic, the actors are terrible, the dialogue is laughable, the whole quest is ridiculous. Yes the graphics are quite revolutionary but graphics are never enough to entertain for a whole 3 movies.
I honetly cannot believe anyone over the age of 8 could truly enjoy this movie. I found the whole trilogy completely childish, that is there was absolutly no violence, no sex, etc..

I don't understand what people see in this trash of a movie, yet all 3 episodes are in the top 15 on imdb.com. I find that astounding.

1-st one:
- Childish
- Give me some action
- Ends abrubtly

2nd-one:
- Stupid story continues
- No substence

3rd-one
- More and more childish

Ok, even though there is much more hate and 'rantage' in me, I think that'll do for now :/
I agree 100%. It was the most childish boring shit i've ever seen.. it read like the sort of stories i used to write in half yearly english tests back in year 5.

0Jade0

HSC
There is no violence? Did you fall asleep during the movie or what?

anyway here's mine:
Finding neverland
Mean girls
Clueless
Crossroads
Honey

and Jackass. I fucking hate that movie... it is not funny at all

Last edited:

Scanorama

HSC
Bring it on
Bring it on again
Legally Blonde 1/2

Pretty sure there are more, but just can't pop the name up.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
HellVeN said:

1-st one:
- Childish
- Give me some action
- Ends abrubtly

2nd-one:
- Stupid story continues
- No substence

3rd-one
- More and more childish

wtf is wrong with you they were great. i admit the 2nd and 3rd one got a tad boring in parts but i enjoyed the first one all the way through.

v sia

HSC
HellVeN said:

1-st one:
- Childish
- Give me some action
- Ends abrubtly

2nd-one:
- Stupid story continues
- No substence

3rd-one
- More and more childish

I know why , each movie is 3 hours long and people like you have a very short attention span and cant comprehend or understand anything after your 90 minute movies

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
v sia said:
I know why , each movie is 3 hours long and people like you have a very short attention span and cant comprehend or understand anything after your 90 minute movies
You're an idiot.
This movie was loved by little kids, etc, etc....

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
0Jade0 said:
There is no violence? Did you fall asleep during the movie or what?

anyway here's mine:
Finding neverland
Mean girls
Clueless
Crossroads
Honey

and Jackass. I fucking hate that movie... it is not funny at all
people liked crossroads and honey?

anyway, anything directed by baz lurhmann, specifically moulin rouge though. one of the worst movies i have ever seen

ps, to the guy who started this thread, you went to a lot of trouble on why lotr sucked. i felt like i was having to sit through them again

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I hate jackass cuz i think alot of it's bullshit set up crap..

Mean Girls was lame, only lame people liked it.
Finding Neverland? Which hippies liked that!!
Clueless... that's only liked by preppy teenage girls :rolleyes:
Crossroads was only watched by perves hoping to see some tits... they were out of luck.
Honey was only watched by Jessica alba perves.... they were kinda outta luck too.

Moulin Rouge had a great set design (if not historically accurate to france at the time..) and the cinematography was great... everything else was utter shit.
Especially the story... ugh, what year 12 student can't write a love story like that? :rolleyes:

0Jade0

HSC
crazyhomo said:
people liked crossroads and honey?

anyway, anything directed by baz lurhmann, specifically moulin rouge though. one of the worst movies i have ever seen

ps, to the guy who started this thread, you went to a lot of trouble on why lotr sucked. i felt like i was having to sit through them again
People at my school liked those movies... morons anyway

I hate moulin rouge. I loved Romeo + Juliet, mainly because i love john leguizamo and i only watch until he dies (he is tibalt btw so i dont see much of it)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Mean Girls was lame, only lame people liked it.
Finding Neverland? Which hippies liked that!!
Clueless... that's only liked by preppy teenage girls :rolleyes:
Crossroads was only watched by perves hoping to see some tits... they were out of luck.
Honey was only watched by Jessica alba perves.... they were kinda outta luck too.

Moulin Rouge had a great set design (if not historically accurate to france at the time..) and the cinematography was great... everything else was utter shit.
Especially the story... ugh, what year 12 student can't write a love story like that? :rolleyes:
moulin rouge was actually a postmodern rendition of Orpheus in the Underworld, a greek mythology, so the plot line was redone purposely... I know, cuz my Year 12 teacher made us sit through the movie with the commentary on. :(

For a while the people I hung around with were really psyched up about Tomb Raider. When I saw it, I was so frikin angry...

And Shrek. Actually I think it was more cuz people ruined it for me by quoting from the movie over and over. So when I watched it, I'd recognise whole sections of dialogue, only now, there was context. And it sucked.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
oh shit, and star wars. I don't think it's bad, but i think everyone should shut up and that george lucas can shut up his new episodes are getting shitter and shitter, especially episode II, desperatley trying to be a romantic film.

I only remembered cuz my lil bro is watching it right now

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:

:

ofcourse it was set up u moron. it was ment to be set up , thats not the point of jackass. its how much the hurt them selves

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
oh shit, and star wars. I don't think it's bad, but i think everyone should shut up and that george lucas can shut up his new episodes are getting shitter and shitter, especially episode II, desperatley trying to be a romantic film.

I only remembered cuz my lil bro is watching it right now
omg yes i totally agree with that. He is just relying on special effects to get the film running. The plot was realyl boring and all u would see what some new alien characters with long impossible to remember names who said some crap in their own lanaguage and pissed off from the scene.

why did he even make the next 3 films. i like the original 3 for atleast something .

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Yes my main concern with LOTR is that it was too childish for me. Anyway we all have different opinions but I'm also glad that I'm not the only LOTR hater hehe.

Matrix 1
I actually liked the Matrix the first 3 times I watched it when I was what 15? But after the third time I got over the special effects & cool fighting scenes and realised how lame it really was. What I found really ruined it was all the religious and symbolic psychobabble. Yes it might have stood a chance without that lame prophet woman.
And don't get me started on the second and third ones lols - only hardcore matrix nerds like them thank god!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)