• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Movies that you hate but everyone else likes (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
He's trying to make the films deeper than they ever really were :rolleyes:
George Lucas thinks he's the patron saint of creativity, he's come up with nothing.
He gets way more praise than he deserves...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
HellVeN said:
Matrix 1
I actually liked the Matrix the first 3 times I watched it when I was what 15? But after the third time I got over the special effects & cool fighting scenes and realised how lame it really was. What I found really ruined it was all the religious and symbolic psychobabble. Yes it might have stood a chance without that lame prophet woman.
And don't get me started on the second and third ones lols - only hardcore matrix nerds like them thank god!

matrix 1 has a new concept and great adeas i dont understand why u dotn like it. its got religious techniques. but thats a good thing, it what gives the movie depth, u say u dont want it in there, well remove that and the movie becomes less and less. maybhe yuo are just slow and dont understand movies deep enough and only like the fighting scenes

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Oh I agree I hated both Kill Bills'

I had heard good things about the first one like it was really new, special, violent and so on. Then I watched it and it was none of that. Sure so a few hundred limbs get cut off but it was so unrealistic and comic like that I did not find it violent at all. It was just a boring bloodfest with an unoriginal plot. A girl that comes back from a close death and goes on a killing spree to get revenge, come on, how unoriginal is that rofl. And the second one was just terrible. Talk about nothing happening. Good thing I downloaded both, they were nothing more than a waste of bandwidth!

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
SashatheMan said:
matrix 1 has a new concept and great adeas i dont understand why u dotn like it. its got religious techniques. but thats a good thing, it what gives the movie depth, u say u dont want it in there, well remove that and the movie becomes less and less. maybhe yuo are just slow and dont understand movies deep enough and only like the fighting scenes
I see what you mean and I'm not saying that the movie should have had less depth, but I believe that this 'deep stuff' wasn't good enough. That and the whole prophet old black woman thing made no sense, and only served to confuse the audience. What I'm saying is that it caused the movie to lose most of its logic and credibility.
Oh and another thing that I must add, I don't know why Trinity had to be so fugly. Even with their low budgets in the first film, I'm sure they could have found a sexier and better actress for her role. Just think of that sex scene god damn! It wasn't voted the worst sex scene ever without a reason!

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
HellVeN said:

I had heard good things about the first one like it was really new, special, violent and so on. Then I watched it and it was none of that. Sure so a few hundred limbs get cut off but it was so unrealistic and comic like that I did not find it violent at all. It was just a boring bloodfest with an unoriginal plot. A girl that comes back from a close death and goes on a killing spree to get revenge, come on, how unoriginal is that rofl. And the second one was just terrible. Talk about nothing happening. Good thing I downloaded both, they were nothing more than a waste of bandwidth!
list me yuor 5 favourite movies

nah i dont mean that

waterfowl

HSC
SashatheMan said:
why did he even make the next 3 films.
Because he wanted to....George Lucas generally only makes films because he wants to, it's just an added bonus that other people like them. That's why he financed Episode III himself, so that he wouldn't have to answer to any production company.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
HellVeN said:
Oh and another thing that I must add, I don't know why Trinity had to be so fugly. Even with their low budgets in the first film, I'm sure they could have found a sexier and better actress for her role. Just think of that sex scene god damn! It wasn't voted the worst sex scene ever without a reason!

if they made trinity into a hot bimbo then the credability of the movie will be lost. but yes i do agree that sex scene shouldnt have been made.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
No-That-Bright, nobody likes An American Werewolf in Paris.

And waterfowl, the reason George Lucas financed Star Wars 3 himself is because he knows it will make shitloads of money (depsite most likely being as bas as the rest of them) and he wants in.

I can't really think of any movies that I hate that everyone seems to love. I didn't really like The Incredibles, but I don't hate it...that's all I can really think of. Oh, yeah, I hate (now, I used to like it) Donnie Darko. Oh, yeah, and I don't like Fight Club. Lots of style, not so much substance.

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
Because he wanted to....George Lucas generally only makes films because he wants to, it's just an added bonus that other people like them. That's why he financed Episode III himself, so that he wouldn't have to answer to any production company.

isnt the real reason why he financed the third episode becuase no film company wanted to finance the piece of shit of a movie?

waterfowl

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
And waterfowl, the reason George Lucas financed Star Wars 3 himself is because he knows it will make shitloads of money (depsite most likely being as bas as the rest of them) and he wants in.
That's probably half the reason why.

v sia

HSC
HellVeN said:

god ..... generalise it any more why dont ya , if u put it that way every movie would be unoriginal

v sia

HSC
i love

matrix 1 , 2 ,3 Animatrix
lord of the rings 1 , 2 ,3
Kill bill 1
Star wars 2 , 3 ( even though its not out yet )

Scanorama

HSC
Honey is definitely on the list, I didn't put it on coz I thought noone liked it.
It is the worst movie I've seen, bunch of people danced, danced and danced for the duration of the movie and without actual content. The whole movie are loads of rubbishs, wasted my money on the ticket.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i didn't really like the first kill bill, just a bunch of average action scenes, but i loved the 2nd

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
v sia said:
i love

matrix 1 , 2 ,3 Animatrix
lord of the rings 1 , 2 ,3
Kill bill 1
Star wars 2 , 3 ( even though its not out yet )
Anyone who likes the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films, and the 2nd Star Wars, is obviously lacking the senses of taste, sight and hearing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)