Moving from day student to evening student (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Before I pester some academic (who probably wont know), I thought I'd ask you smart cookies on here! :D

I'm currently a day student in both my psych subjects next semester. However, since I've started a new job which requires me Tues, Wed and Fri, I can no longer attend the tutes I've selected. And the other possible day ones are all full *pouts*

Sooo... i figure I need to change to be an evening student. But, how do I do this? Is there some form I need to fill out? Or can I simply write in and tell them of my intentions (highly unlikely). Or, alternatively, do I need to wait until next semester, and unenrol from the unit, and then re-enrol?

Ah, the dilemmas of life!

monique66

You can do it over estudent when you log into my MQ. You can just click on a new class time (if there are spots available) and your classes will automatically switch from what you currently have to the night sessions. Simple and easy :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yup, if evening classes are separate to the day ones, you have to unenrol and reenrol. You can do this online since you are a continuing student. I thought you would be able to do it now. I'll have a look at my estudent.

Edit: Click "UG re-enrolmement yada yada"
"Withdraw from units"
you should be able to go from there (click the unit, click withdraw, then click to add a unit and do it as an evening student)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
isn't there a cut off date? oh no wait thats for external study

Mj its not like you goto the lectures anyway! :p ... why don't u just change your tute times if none of what the others have said don't work.

Oh the best thing, me n rage against BOS have done this multiple times lol.. we write to rhada and bitch about work changing our time tables and she puts us in any tute we want even if it is full :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Thanks for the info guys!

Anne, thats a fantastic idea!! I love Rhada - her and Anna know Steve and I very well (because we always swapped from different streams into the same stream)... I might just do that, its so much easier!

:D

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah, like everyone said, you just re-register into the night classes. Make sure you don't un-enroll out of this semester's classes by accident, because then you will screw up your marks (ie, you will get a FA mark).

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Yeah, like everyone said, you just re-register into the night classes. Make sure you don't un-enroll out of this semester's classes by accident, because then you will screw up your marks (ie, you will get a FA mark).
lol, you make it out that if you accidently unenroll online then they will suddenly give you a FA (even if you just fix it up straight away). they arent that evil!

MJ, if you wanted to go into a day tut on a day thats full, you can always jsut try and ask if you can be put in that class (saying that you have to work), they usually will just put you in, as you have a good reason. alternatively, you could just wait until the start of semester, when everyone swaps times anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)