Moving from one Coles Myer store to another in a different Shopping Center? (1 Viewer)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Hello people,

I got work at one of the CM stores as a Christmas casual. I asked my manger if i will be staying, she said 'Yes'. And now its a bit weird since my family is moving homes i'll have to changed two trains to get to the place. May be I can afford it for sometime but it will be hard to carry on.

I was wondering if Coles Myer recruitment does help you find another place? They have an extremely tedious procedure to get work. After all the interviews, induction and training I had to go thru it will be mean of them not to help me find another spot in another shopping center :s

Anyone changed shopping centers before in similar/different situations? :'(

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
lil_star said:
Hello people,

I got work at one of the CM stores as a Christmas casual. I asked my manger if i will be staying, she said 'Yes'. And now its a bit weird since my family is moving homes i'll have to changed two trains to get to the place. May be I can afford it for sometime but it will be hard to carry on.

I was wondering if Coles Myer recruitment does help you find another place? They have an extremely tedious procedure to get work. After all the interviews, induction and training I had to go thru it will be mean of them not to help me find another spot in another shopping center :s

Anyone changed shopping centers before in similar/different situations? :'(
I have just had two transfers arrive.

It is easy to transfer if you are a supervisor. If not; good luck.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Im just a casual :s.
Thanks for the good Luck. It usually works but i hope this time is also lucky as usual.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Its not too hard, just get a form from your payroll clerk/line manager and submit it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
biggles04 said:
It is easy to transfer if you are a supervisor.
I think you'll find that only the colesmyer supermarkets have supervisors. In other stores there isn't really a position like that. There are team leaders in kmart and target, but they are usually just casuals.

I think having supervisors anywhere other than registers is a bit of a cop out, like theres a manager for a reason, and if they can't handle their section, well they don't deserve the job.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Its not too hard, just get a form from your payroll clerk/line manager and submit it.
yeah, at Kmart we have managers. I really like Cmyer cos the people are nice. Im not generalising but their training is excellent and everyone helps u until u learn.

Thanks Ms 12. I hope they give me a form :)

Where are u working at Ms 12?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Sorry I forgot supermarket management was up there with being a lawyer or a doctor. My sincere apologies.

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
:s apparently they dont transfer casuals. They only transfer permanent part time or full time.:s

Oh wells i'll see how it goes. Ive secured a job at uni which has a fairly good pay...over 20 an hour.,..and is flexible.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You serious?

I work with two casuals who transferred....maybe theres just no vacancies atm

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Ms 12 said:
You serious?

I work with two casuals who transferred....maybe theres just no vacancies atm
Yeah I suppose.

One of the ladies at the back office told me they can transfer but suggested I stay there for now as most stores dont hire this time of the year. The next time I went some other lady said they dont transfer casuals. Seems fishy/dodgy. May be I'll call CMyer Recruitment directly. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)