• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Moving to Sydney..Good idea or not? (1 Viewer)

nunasdream

HSC
I moved to Sydney from NZ and so far I love it! It "is" very expensive if you live close to the CBD but it's worth being close to the action.

Musi_Zhang

HSC
N/A
what a wonderful idea to move ~!

actually i did before the heatwave, bushfire&earthquake from Mel`

however, Melb got the one of the best education in the world~

anyway, what's ur skool~? dun tell me it s a girl school so that you feel Mel's bored:)

philphie

Banned
HSC
don't come to sydney, sydney is ovverrated and overpriced. you know how they say in Melbourne they'll ask you what school you went to and in sydney they will ask where you live, well that's why property values are so inflated. our eastern suburbs are so overwhelmingly priced compared to your leafy Melbourne eastern suburbs, and i have to say i'd take those big old autumn oak trees in Canterbury and those Toorak tractors in Toorak any day over Vaucluse or Double Bay. Melbourne has a better appreciation for it's historic architecture, you're victorian terraces are kept way better than ours (i've seen Parkville next to unimelb) and Melbourne CBD is actually on level ground, Sydney is all hilly like Paris. oh and little Collins st!?!?!?!? how could you want to leave that!?!? all those boutique shops. if you want to leave Melbourne because of it's stuffy culture it's like that here in sydney as well. i heard that you were from an asian nationality, not that that means anything but i would guess you live in sunshine/footscray? then i might see why you would want to move here.

i actually applied both syd uni and unimelb, so i might end up in melbourne, either parkville or canterbury to be exact, but the adjustment is small for me because Melbourne is my second city, the way i go on about it it sound slike i live there. you also have the better tourism ad with the woman with ball of red yarn with Joanna newsom's the sprout and the bean playing, absolutely beautiful. what are you looking for in sydney anyway? oh and all my fellow sydney siders, i'm not sydney bashing, i'm just trying to tell this person there is nothing wrong with Melbourne.

philphie

Banned
HSC
That what happens when you live in Western Sydney, you miss out the rest of Sydney. Now stay up in Queensland and don't come back :)
a bit of a generalisation don't you think. a more accurate statement would be 'that's what happens when you live in the north shore/eastern suburbs, you miss out on reality'

philphie

Banned
HSC
Sydney is like so clean and perfect, a lot of friendly people, and you will never bump into bad people (apart from Aboriginals)

wow, sounds like Sorry Day for you could've been one of the worst days of your life

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
a bit of a generalisation don't you think. a more accurate statement would be 'that's what happens when you live in the north shore/eastern suburbs, you miss out on reality'
lol, so ironic

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
how is sydney clean and perfect.

probably depends on where you're living in sydney. not everywhere you go is a picture perfect place with no rubbish or random crap around the streets and stuff.

philphie

Banned
HSC
how is sydney clean and perfect.

probably depends on where you're living in sydney. not everywhere you go is a picture perfect place with no rubbish or random crap around the streets and stuff.
true even the Eastern suburbs in Sydney are nothing compared to Melbourne's eastern suburbs, we just have property inflation. Have you seen the streets of Point Piper? It's all garages

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
true even the Eastern suburbs in Sydney are nothing compared to Melbourne's eastern suburbs, we just have property inflation. Have you seen the streets of Point Piper? It's all garages
havent seen but just by looking at the end of my street.

theres a restuarant on the corner but after that it reeks of cat food and shit and just fugly smells then theres an empty property for sale with the sign removed and falling apart and the ground has like all raw meat scattered for the cats n birds.. its horrible. and thats just one street.

philphie

Banned
HSC
havent seen but just by looking at the end of my street.

theres a restuarant on the corner but after that it reeks of cat food and shit and just fugly smells then theres an empty property for sale with the sign removed and falling apart and the ground has like all raw meat scattered for the cats n birds.. its horrible. and thats just one street.
haha well that's how upper class feral animals live, in style. let's just all feel happy that one day these places will be under the sea because of climate change that they themselves have caused by excessive home energy use, driving toorak tractors (big range rover 4wd's) and flying everywhere in private jets

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
haha well that's how upper class feral animals live, in style. let's just all feel happy that one day these places will be under the sea because of climate change that they themselves have caused by excessive home energy use, driving toorak tractors (big range rover 4wd's) and flying everywhere in private jets
lol upper class feral animals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)