moving to usa (1 Viewer)

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
my parents are probably moving to usa. Should I go with them and do engineering at a US uni?

Opinions please.

They will be paying

pete_mate

HSC
only if its a good uni, but the payment factor is probably the biggest obstacle to american unis.

but if its iv league then go for it

beeish

HSC
Uni Grad
just because its an ivy league doesn't mean its the best school, there are TONS of fantastic engineering school you need to research more. Look at like collegeboard.com or college confidential they will have TONS of info. Or go to the education center in your state and they would be able to advise you. Its important to remember too if your not a US citizen there isn't a lot of financial aid and schools like the ivies run at about US$50 000 a year or four years where state schools which can be just as good, I mean UCLA has a pretty good engineering school and they are about $10 000 a year I think.
Also its a completley different atmosphere there

Jess007

HSC
yep i say go...look to the future..better opportunities to get into big companies and great jobs.. id say go....depending on what you leave behind. it will be worth it :)

HSC
yeah MIT is in boston. which is in massachusetts. which is next to new york so you can always go there for weekends =]

arjungamer123

HSC
yeah MIT is in boston. which is in massachusetts. which is next to new york so you can always go there for weekends =]
Boston is as close to New York as Melbourne is to Sydney. You're thinking of Princeton which is close to NY.

And IVY LEAGUE does not signify quality of education. Loads of universities in America are better than Australia's; yet they're not Ivy League.

I'd say do engineering in America if you have a green card/ citizenship. Otherwise the fees would be astronomical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)