MP3 Players? Anyone got any good recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Aslightissue

HSC
Hi,

My shitty Chinese MP3 Player is on its last legs, so I'm looking to get a new one, but after looking at all the fakes and shit on Ebay, I've decided I'm definitely getting a decent, genuine name-brand player.

What I'm looking for is a player, 512mb or 1gb, no bigger, with good sound quality and a standard size headphone jack so I can use it with my phillips phones. It would be nice if I could use it as a flash drive, too, but that isn't 100% necessary. A rechargeable battery is also something I really want, but if anyone knows of a player that will give really good performance on a AAA, I could go for that.

I was looking at an iPod Shuffle because the idea of not having a screen to break (broke it on my last one) appealed to me, but I heard that they have a non-standard size headphone jack, and that using them in a drag and drop fashion is near impossible, so I had a look at the Creatives, and I'm thinking either a Creative Zen Nano or a Creative Zen V looks good, the Nano is cheaper, but runs on AAA batteries? Anyone got one, know what the battery life is like?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

Aslightissue

HSC
The Creative Zen Nano runs on AAA batteries, I know the iPod Nano runs on a Li-ion. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, Have bookmarked that link.

Collin

HSC
N/A
What do you mean 'shitty Chinese player'? You realise practically all mp3 players have some or all of their manufacturing processes there.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I have an iRiver E10 which I love and so far I've had no problems with it at all

Features:

6GB HDD .mp3 player (and also plays MP3, WMA, ASF and OGG Q10 )
1.5" Colour screen
32 hours battery life (on continuous play)
FM Radio & FM Radio Recording
Voice Recorder
Photo viewer
Movie Player
Alarm Clock
Text Viewer
REMOTE CONTROL!!! --> I love this feature, and my sister who also has one currently uses it to turn on the TV in her classroom all the time and it annoys the hell out of the teachers - its a bit of a novelty. :)
FLASH player & Games

It comes in black or white.

http://www.iriver.com.au/iriver/index.cfm?pageID=2&sID=2&prodID=15&

I paid AUD$295 for mine at JB HiFi. Check it out!

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
i havent got an mp3 player yet...but ive been looking around and im relli liking this creative one. what i like abt it is that u can easily replace buy replacement lth ion batteries plus i rekon its looks pretty aesthetically pleasing.

does ne1 have any info on aus prices for this model or the plain mp3 version??

edit:4got to say it has 8gbs of memory

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
politik said:
Those new iRiver's aren't bad. Pity about the price though.
What's wrong with the price? They're the same price as iPod nanos with about 4x the amount of stuff and bigger memory?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)