mp3 wisdom (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
i need help. had an ipod mini and it was gay twice for the same reason (bad battery- got like 2 minutes playback despite charging it for 4 hrs).

sooo i need to know which make is best for mp3

* i checked out a TOSHIBA one and that was good 20gb for $330- is it good? (its a bit of a brick though)
* i heard CREATIVE is crap
* i heard I RIVER is the best
* should i get an APPLE NANO though?? are they less likely to stuff up?

i want anywhere from 2gb and upwards.
i dont like BRICKS and id prefer a nice nifty one to the size of my old mini ipod anyhow

share ur wisdom n help me PLEASE

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
on the contrary.. CREATIVE is VERy good.. I know a lot of people who have them.

I hate all iPods, the nanos get scratched a lot to and I heard they arent worth it. Toshiba I havent heard anything bad about

mojako

HSC
iriver 5/6GB has removable battery.. the 20gb doesnt
i have the 6gb and it works great on one of my comps but doesnt on the other... so if u get it, get it from a store which accepts returns

creative zen micro comes with 2 removable batteries but looks ugly, otherwise its probably fine
the neeon is cool but its got internal battery and i heard its a bit slow.. also the scroll wheel isnt very good

the toshiba one doesnt have radio and voice recording - if u want them.. but its lots cheaper.. and its got like a stand/dock which can rip cd without a computer.. not sure wad battery it has

ipod nano uses memory (not hard drive) so its less easy to break if u use it on exercise... but its easily scratched

so i guess get iriver or maybe toshiba for the price.. from a store that accepts returns

Collin

HSC
N/A
Creative is actually a very reputable player manufacturer. I've owned Creative players in the past and they have been high in quality and durability. iRiver has also made it's mark within the market with high quality products. Personally, I still prefer iPods due to the superior user interface and iTunes partnership. Potential downsides however, are the nature of the battery (the lithium-ion rechargeables are irreplaceable, like many mp3 players in the market), and that there isn't a custom EQ feature (again, found this a difficult criteria to be matched in general too). They also get slammed with the features argument, since many other players come equipped with FM tuners, voice recorders etc. This however, should only become problematic if you're someone who wants more out of their mp3 player than just listening to mp3s.

P

pLuvia

Creative I had and was bad in my opinion, I had the Zen Micro which had really really bad battery life. Now I have an IRIVER which is really good, and has pretty long battery life depending on which ones you get, mine has 15 hours but usually goes up to like 16 or 18 hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)