MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

ascentyx

HSC
Bear with me. I'm a first year 2010 and due to a number of ridiiiiculous mistakes on the part of the university (long story), I wasn't able to enrol in units up until 2 days ago (awesome), as a result I've had to mess with my timetable/units constantly in order to get anything remotely close to what I wanted.

My main problem at the moment is that I enrolled in MKTG 101 for second semester and while there are tonnes of tutes left to pick from only one lecture out of 3 remains which happens to be from 7pm till 9pm on a Friday night, gross. According to estudent there are 469 places available in this lecture which I guess means that more or less no one is registered for it. Even worse I live on the central coast and it takes an hour and a half to get home which means even if I left mac at 9 (ha) I'd get home at 10:30 (ew).
What I'm trying to say is

a) What the shit were the people who created that timeslot thinking?

and

b) As the other two lectures have 0 vacancies, what options do I have?

Any help would be appreciated (Y)
Wow you live on the central coast! You didn't happen to go to ghs did you?

hallelujah.

HSC
:wave:

A few possibly very silly questions...

Is blackboard showing up your 2010 units yet? And are you able to access your book list via direct link through the mq student portal? I know how to substitute the code in last years links so I've seen my book list, I'm just a little paranoid that maybe none of my units are showing up because I haven't enrolled properly. I'm sure it will all be resolved next week but I'm impatient and want to see my unit guides!

And do you have to go get a new campus card every year? I'm going into my second year so I'm a little confused.

Tabris

HSC
The placement of unist on your blackboard is the responsibiltiy of the convenors. Sometimes they dont update it till 1st or 2nd week back.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
:wave:

A few possibly very silly questions...

Is blackboard showing up your 2010 units yet? And are you able to access your book list via direct link through the mq student portal? I know how to substitute the code in last years links so I've seen my book list, I'm just a little paranoid that maybe none of my units are showing up because I haven't enrolled properly. I'm sure it will all be resolved next week but I'm impatient and want to see my unit guides!

And do you have to go get a new campus card every year? I'm going into my second year so I'm a little confused.
The units can take a week or two to show up, I have some up but sometimes the coordinators take a while to enable the unit.

You get a new 2010 sticker on your campus card, go to that place where you got it and they will fix it up for you.

HSC
Awesome, thankyou!

Another question:

what happens if you enrol in a unit that has 2 lectures and a tutorial and you get automatically registered into the lectures but all the tutes are full?
For me personally when this happened I was told to call up the department under which the unit was full and ask them up to open up another tute, 'cause they have to if the others are full even if it's only for one person:p

You're probably not the only one this happened to and if you've checked again there might even be extra tutes opened up without you needing to ask but yeah, that's what I got told to do when this happened to me:)

rajputsingh

HSC
If I go to uni tomorrow can I park with last years sticker? Or is it invalid? I am planning to purchase the sticker tomorrow but I dont want to get fined whilst I get the sticker.

Neon Bible

HSC
okay, last noob question from me.

i have a clash, now i know different unis treat clashes differently but how is macquarie? its a lecture and a tute so how should i go about this, if at all? they're both subjects in the arts faculty (one english, one media)

im hoping someone from another seminar swaps into mine so i will have a clash free spot, but if that doesnt happen what should i do?

thanks.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
okay, last noob question from me.

i have a clash, now i know different unis treat clashes differently but how is macquarie? its a lecture and a tute so how should i go about this, if at all? they're both subjects in the arts faculty (one english, one media)

im hoping someone from another seminar swaps into mine so i will have a clash free spot, but if that doesnt happen what should i do?

thanks.
Marked attendance class > unmarked attendance class is the usual priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)