MQ Law School (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think the chances of that happening are virtually 0 to be honest. I don't think the situation is that bad, but even if it was, imagine the ramifications of that happening. It would destroy the reputation of MQ. As far what priority has been assigned to fix these problems - I'm not too sure to be honest.
It won't go bust, but the situation is actually that bad.

And MQ law is already a joke.

*Baby-K*

HSC
So I keep hearing, and yet nobody wants to do anything about it lol...
Tell me about it... and then you have students in situations like mine i.e doing a combined degree of Law and International Studies, so the Arts faculty does not want to let us graduate because according to the International Studies department the combined degree involves hardly any "real" International Studies (now included in the new degree) subjects (apart from languages) so we do not deserve it... That debate has been going for over a year now too. I am in my third year now and was under the impression that I would graduate from International studies at the end of this semester- that's not going to happen...

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
Tell me about it... and then you have students in situations like mine i.e doing a combined degree of Law and International Studies, so the Arts faculty does not want to let us graduate because according to the International Studies department the combined degree involves hardly any "real" International Studies (now included in the new degree) subjects (apart from languages) so we do not deserve it... That debate has been going for over a year now too. I am in my third year now and was under the impression that I would graduate from International studies at the end of this semester- that's not going to happen...
seriously? They're preventing you from graduating? But surely if you have the right amount of credits and you've satisfied all the core units you should be eligible right?

But I am in a similar situation to yours. 3rd year Arts, 1st year law. At the end of this semester I thought I could graduate from Arts too because I've done all the required Arts subjects but apparently since my arts degree isn't a "real" arts degree, I can't graduate till the end of next semester even though there are no more Arts units for me to take. Their argument is I need to do another two law units to make up for it - ridiculous, just let me graduate!

It's so pathetic, and don't even get me started on the people/planet crap.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Guys have any of you had any experience transferring internally into the LLB?

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
Guys have any of you had any experience transferring internally into the LLB?
Not internally, no. But I transferred from another interstate university into the BALLB from just a BA.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Hope you don't mind me asking but what were your grades like? I'm hoping to transfer soon, so trying to get all the information possible. :)

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
Hope you don't mind me asking but what were your grades like? I'm hoping to transfer soon, so trying to get all the information possible. :)
Sure... I transferred from my BA at the end of my second year (going into my third year), I had between between High credits to distinctions with only one HD. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)