MQ Library (1 Viewer)

nikmueller

HSC

hey bosers

this is for anyone who spends a fair bit of time in the library.

N_M

WANT FREE LUNCH AND MOVIETICKETS?

Wanted:
10 Macquarie students to participate in a fun 3-hour workshop at Macquarie
University, concerning the interior design of the new MQ Library building.

The first ten to apply for this workshop will receive:
- Free movie tickets!
- Free lunch!
- Free snacks & drinks!
- And of course an awesome and fun day together with your fellow students.

The workshop will also be a way for you to see both traditional and
alternative research methods tested in real life.

You need absolutely no experience to participate in our workshop. The only
thing you need is an open mind and an interest in discussing your ideas with
your fellow students on how we can make the new MQ library an awesome place
to be!

It's nice and easy: Quickly send us an e-mail where you shortly (max. 3
lines) describe your field of study and study level - both grad's and
undergrad's are welcome to apply. We will get back to you ASAP and let you
know if you are one of our new participants.

The workshop will be held on Thursday the 25th of October from 10am - 1pm.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,
Sofie & Stine
(MQ Library Interns)
e-mail:

Last edited:

nikmueller

HSC
:) mad

it might be interesting. designing the interior of a library and you can say, oh yeh i suggested that we have a podcast bay, or whatever. and then you look at the library in 2010 and see it there.

HSC
N/A
Kate was telling me about a part of a library with phones that used to be open reeeaaalllly late so the international students could go there and call up their families, who often were in another timezone. I never saw it myself but can imagine how important that would be, especially considering that there are so many internationals on campus.

Can't wait till the library is redone. Or student central, for that matter.

Nik - if you've got time, it might be an idea to remove the phone number from the message. I know that she sent it out to lots of people (or at least, sent it to someone who sent it to lots of people) but I hear she's had second thoughts about it. Can't do much for emails already sent, but perhaps take it off the internet so creepy people don't call her? :)

nikmueller

HSC
done. good point. i hope she didn't mind.

i guess i assumed that creepy people stay away from the bos website. or at least that pwar protects us all with his huge powers of "adminstrator"ing. now with google n all, i guess if your details are on any website anyone can find them.

HSC
N/A
Nah, she doesn't mind. Sandie spoke to her the other day about whether she REALLY wanted her mobile phone number broadcast to hundreds of people (through mentor emails, anyway), unfortunately she only realised it probably wasn't the safest of ideas until after it had been emailed to many people. But oh well... emails can't be retracted but hopefully keeping it off a website is slightly better.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Wasn't it an MQ number?

Anyway, I'm definitely not waiting for the new library. Yay, new library with the same amount of floor space, heaps of money wasted on shit, plus a shit location on campus?

What they need to do is to refurbish our current library, or even to extend it. They should create a space simply just for studying without library resources. Then they could spend the millions and millions of extra dollars on important resources like books, desks, journals, server space + copyrights, etc etc.

Edit: Wait I think I've said that before. :D :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)