• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MQ Uni Grading (1 Viewer)

sayaz

HSC
Having trouble interpreting my marks. Employers ask for an average mark in a % (which MQ doesn't provide...), not a gpa and have an odd grading system as in:

On a GPA scale of 4
HD = 4
D = 4
C = 3
P = 2

But they don't tie the GPA to their SNG

So I have a 3.0 GPA. Does this mean my marks are interpreted as 65-74 or 75-84 ?

Also looking at my transcript, do employers pay any attention to UG300? Which I assume is just your gpa for your 300 level units. Does this have any bearing whatsoever?

Finally, does anyone know their reasoning for adopting this system..?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Gpa= 65-74%
You mean WAM?

Are you given a percentage for each course? If so then [(Subject 1 percentage x no. of units subject 1 is worth) + (Subject 2 Perecentage x no. of units subject 2 is worth) + etc.]/Total number of units.

Well WAM is a more fair system, looking at the four point scale, a D and HD are indistinguishable? Yet the jump from D to HD is -significantly- harder than C to D for example.

That and the GPA system is inspired by Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Usually employers only care about your GPA
Not sure what graduate positions you have been applying for.

Last edited:

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
You mean WAM?

Are you given a percentage for each course? If so then [(Subject 1 percentage x no. of units subject 1 is worth) + (Subject 2 Perecentage x no. of units subject 2 is worth) + etc.]/Total number of units.

Well WAM is a more fair system, looking at the four point scale, a D and HD are indistinguishable? Yet the jump from D to HD is -significantly- harder than C to D for example.

That and the GPA system is inspired by Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Not sure what graduate positions you have been applying for.
I meant, if employees want to see your marks, they usually will only want your GPA.

At Macquarie, a C is 75%-74%. So it isn't quite fair when you get a HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)