MQ: Would you go on exchange/live with someone you've never met before? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sounds cool. i wouldn't live on exchange with a random i had never met, but you're both bosers, so you must both be cool :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
sounds cool. i wouldn't live on exchange with a random i had never met, but you're both bosers, so you must both be cool :D
lol that was the plan actually... my friend who went to mexico did the same thing.

She went there without anywhere to stay, didn't even book a hotel for her first few nights lol (she's funny though) and she just met up with someone at the "exchange office in mex" and they're like "heyyy are you looking for a place to stay as well?! ooho cool wanna live together"

haha i was going to do the exact same thing lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, that'd so be me, minus the friends, and the planning, and the common sense to go to the exchange office..hmm no I'd most likely sleep in the gutters and on benches...like i do at MQ hah :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well let's just say that even though i say "i wouldn't do it" (never have met the person and then start living with them), i have done something similar ;) so i understand how/why people do it. i knew of the person but i knew very little about them. *phew* that it all turned out really great, they are/were fantastic. but i can confidently say i would have it organised from home, how the hell could your friend catch a plane to the other side of the world, alone, and not know where she was staying??
edit: i'm likely to get asked - i haven't been on exchange and this is where the stories end for the net.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
:) but there's still a limit as to what i want on the net. knowing other things about me will be left for irl... one day ... maybe.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, you have to have a coffee with at least ONE of us, and we'll promise no cameras :p Just as a verification that you really aren't a 8 foot martian with 8 legs and no arms!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i-i-i'm not a martian :uhoh: *note to self: turn a couple of the legs into arms and hide the rest of them so no one knows*
it's number one that's the problem

edit: clairegirl, i was thinking, if your friend went to mexico you have nothing to worry about (if you're worried about the crime thing). you can get all the inside goss and you'll be extra knowledgable about the areas, what you'll be doing and so on.

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
i-i-i'm not a martian :uhoh: *note to self: turn a couple of the legs into arms and hide the rest of them so no one knows*

edit: clairegirl, i was thinking, if your friend went to mexico you have nothing to worry about (if you're worried about the crime thing). you can get all the inside goss and you'll be extra knowledgable about the areas, what you'll be doing and so on.
hehe yeah she practically wrote me out a manual :) on where to go etc... which is why i know cabbing is safe in Monterrey and the cost of travelling is dirt dirt cheap lol

ps: im goin travelling for 2 months after exchange, it'll be so awsome! she did the same thing except she went for 3 months! she spent christmas on the carribeean with a bunch of swedes :)

i think i like the fact that little rat boy is coming along, my parentals are definately going to be more happy that i've got a friend going, and hence more happy to support me financially if i go yay :D they were being very asian before and being all "but ur a girl and u'll be travelling by yourself" which was exactly what i wanted but i think it'll be safer/funner having someone there as a base :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:

Iab! lol that reminds me stitch from lilo and stitch! awww if ur cute as stitch

EYE bags being the one to meet up with you for coffee!!!

HSC
clairegirl said:
lol expect photos!! :D

i'll be bombarding this site with photos :D:D
I'M GONNA BUY A DIGI-CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i sooo cant wait to go.. my parents are so much more happier with me going with someone and it should be really really really cooooooooooooooooooooooool

this is gonna be a kick-ass exchange .. anne probly the first few meet ups could be at the exchange office .. what you reckon.. so we'll sign up togethor or whatever i dunno im just thinkin....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm so excited for you two! it's more fun with another person because you have someone to share the excitement with and fuel more excitement!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
little-rat-boi said:
I'M GONNA BUY A DIGI-CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i sooo cant wait to go.. my parents are so much more happier with me going with someone and it should be really really really cooooooooooooooooooooooool

this is gonna be a kick-ass exchange .. anne probly the first few meet ups could be at the exchange office .. what you reckon.. so we'll sign up togethor or whatever i dunno im just thinkin....
what meet ups?? lol "us" meetups?? lol im not waiting that long to meet you! I'll be meeting you as soon as i can figure out a day in the holz that we're both free!

Edit: just realised what you meant! lol

yeah that sounds cool :d then we can go uni library/macq centre borders and have a look at Mexico books and travelling books! :D:D

Last edited:

lmnopq

HSC
i went on exchange last year and had roomates from our uni that i hadn't met before... they were great! we became really close and i consider them as some of my best friends! so yea, go for it!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lmnopq said:
i went on exchange last year and had roomates from our uni that i hadn't met before... they were great! we became really close and i consider them as some of my best friends! so yea, go for it!
wow really???

i thought you were a firstie imnopq?? how'de u go on exchange ?? oooh and where'de u go for exchange?

lmnopq

HSC
well yes i am a firsty but i did nonawards last year and went on exchange to italy! it was only for a month though, we spent 3 weeks in florence where we stayed with a host family and went to school everyday and then had a week of travelling all around italy. i hadn't met my roomates until we got there but we got along extremely well and had a great time

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lmnopq said:
well yes i am a firsty but i did nonawards last year and went on exchange to italy! it was only for a month though, we spent 3 weeks in florence where we stayed with a host family and went to school everyday and then had a week of travelling all around italy. i hadn't met my roomates until we got there but we got along extremely well and had a great time
ohh okay :)

thats awsome... im thinking of going on a short term exchange as well later on down the track :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)