ms access need assistance (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
There is a really good tutorial app you can get if you have an iPhone/iPad which can help (it has videos and stuff).

What will the DB be used for? Is it like a small business type thing (with customer details, orders etc)?

enoilgam

HSC
yes small video store
Well, you're going to have a table with customer information and then one with rentals. Customers should each have a unique ID number (which will be the primary key) and the rental table should have a unique rental ID number (which will be it's primary key). In the rental table, you should also have a column for customer ID. In order to link them, you would have to create a one-to-many relationship from the customer information table (one) to the rental table (to many) which links customer ID.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Now explaining this.... Customers can rent videos and will be given an invoice

You can extend this to include returns and fines (for late videos)

That is just a sample database (very simple), you can make it as complex as you think you can handle

watermelondayo

HSC
N/A
I literally just handed in a relational database assignment today :p
What are your requirements? Any specific number of tables/forms? queries?

swagmeister

HSC
I have a huge access project due this Friday so I have spent heaps of time learning Access, anything you need help with if its theory such as normalisation or even just the in and outs and tedious bits of access just sent me a direct message :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)