Ms Harwood (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
hey guys

i just wanted to ask a few questions .. and if u know the answer please feel free to comment :)

got this assignment comin up and we've been told that our teacher's gonna specify a poem .. :( hmm nyways tha problem is ...

1. people are saying to allow a personal voice to come through .. seen a high band response and they used I and ME ... is it safe to do so?

2. what is tha best essay plan approach for this module?

and lastly ...

3. if you are doing varient readings what are the best ways in which to possibly link them .. for example do u do one varient reading per poem or are u allowed to do one poem with two varient readings?

iamelvis03

HSC
hey shroom

i know wat u mean harwood is not the best, cos there is so many poems, so little memory:burn: but as far as ur questions go

1. i would leave the personal opininion to after the discussion of the other two readings, pretend it is just another reading, make sure u show it is ur reading.

2. as far as essays go, just base it on the area of study scaffold, where in place of the thesis, describe harwoods poetry and the concepts, and how her poems are different from one another with a few similiar concepts (childhood-puberty, music as a motif etc) then discuss the poems u use and talk briefly of harwoods context when she wrote them, then go through the readings of the poems one after another. do the same for the nxt poem and conclude, im not totally clear on how (sorry)

3. go ahead and do about 2 readings for each poem, thats a good start

good luck with this, and also look at FAQ:Gwen Harwood by walkin waves, or somethin waves, cos its real good stuff. hope that5 helps, peace out

ps keith is cool:)

Tasian gangsta

HSC
Hi M.H
Some Tips:
-No personal voice in the meat of the argument.
-Try to not use I and My, etc
-Not sure what ur teachers r doin but usually for this module, one reading is all that is asked for and unless u can scribble heaps, it isn't wise to go for the two varient readings coz there is too much to write and then support with rote learned quotes.
-And usually with Ms Harwood's poems like Glass Jar and Prize Giving, there is a dominant reading which I would personally take. However there are those like The Violets which u could read as feminist or pshycoanalitical.

I know by the time u read this it will b just b4 or after trials. But wheneva u read this i hope it makes sense and helps wit the big one at the end!
`jt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)