Uni Grad
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
by the way i think this thread should be stickied
Requested, though denied.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
is there a way to get your personal message thing to display what video file your watching, not just what music your listening to?

if not, someone make a patch for it, damnit.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
is it possible for MSN to display what sound your listening to on winamp not windon media player

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Krangelus said:
is there a way to get your personal message thing to display what video file your watching, not just what music your listening to?

if not, someone make a patch for it, damnit.

umm lol did you actually read the FAQ?

Why dosent The Now Playing feature show videos and movies currently playing?
This is just simply how the feature was designed. However there is a plugin avaliable that allows this coded by IGx89

Description: "As you're probably aware, MSN Messenger 7 includes a "What I'm Listening To" feature which sets your personal message to the name of the song you're currently listening to (using a plugin for WMP called "MSN Messenger Audio Plugin"). Now, I've made a "MSN Messenger Video Plugin" for WMP that also sets your personal message to the name of the video you're currently watching"

Download: http://forum.mess.be/index.php?act=...pe=post&id=1847

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
As promised a changlog of sorts for the new msn version 7.0.0816

posted on the blog of MSN messenger Product Manager Kerry Cawthray.

Which bugs did we fix -- and why were those bugs so special?

· Tab Clicks Not Being Tracked
None of the v7 clients (i.e. v7.0 beta clients, v7.0.0777, or v7.0.0813) were generating the reports that measure Tab usage. We were unable to track when any v7 client user clicked on any of our Tabs. This bug seriously impacted our Tabs business. We faced losing revenue from existing Tab partners, and we had no accurate data to use to attract prospective new Tab partners.

· Extended characters not displaying in the CVR Toast message.
All extended characters in the text of optional CVR toasts were either not displaying at all, or displaying as gibberish. In particular, users with Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Greek, Arabic and Hebrew clients in were receiving toasts that looked much more like viruses than they did encouragements to upgrade to v7.813!

· Fix issues with Login reporting
Our data collection was telling us that users were experiencing far fewer successful logins to the v7 client than they did to the v6.2 client. That’s not good. Also not good was the fact that the data that was being reported was not specific enough to help us figure out why so many failed logins were apparently occurring. We added new datapoints to help us get more granular information about what is really going on with logins.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
it used to show the songs, but then all of a sudden one time i loaded msn it didnt show
open wmp & click tools, go down to plugins & re-tick the msn plugin

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Krangelus said:
open wmp & click tools, go down to plugins & re-tick the msn plugin
omg thank you.

now how the hell did that get unticked.

i tried everything, i downloaded the latest media player , latest msn and still.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
omg thank you.

now how the hell did that get unticked.

i tried everything, i downloaded the latest media player , latest msn and still.
it can get unticked if windows media player crashes

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm well ive revamped the FAQ a small bit (added anchors etc)

Also added the issue raised in the posts above.

Any suggestions on how to improve the organisation of the FAQ (mainly catergorisation) are welcome.
I maintain a carbon copy of this on another forum and that appears on the first page of google results for a search for "msn messenger F.a.q". It is starting to get quite a few hits, so it would be nice if it was organised better.

Assasinator_2

HSC
Msn supports iTunes as well which is great considering itunes is probally the best player ive used. The music is very nicely laid out and accesible.
You've obviously never taken the time to try to customise Foobar2k. It's VERY customisable, and can be made to look like anything - iTunes, Winamp, or whatever you want.

There's also a lot of ways to get winamp plugins working on Foobar, due to the fact that it's written by some ex-Nullsoft members (the Llama-obsessed guys who write winamp).

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There is a vunerability in msn now that allows you to kick everybody from a group convo by simply typing ".pif"
While i see it would be useful in ending those annoying convos where people keep adding you, it is a quite unexpected side effect of msn's attempts to stop those virus links spreading.

But give it a go next time your invited into a group convo! :p

When sending malicious links in group conversations, like .pif, the MSN server will not just discard the message, nor will it boot you off the conversation. Instead, it will end the conversation, kicking everyone off, not just you! Using this method, anyone can easily disband a group conversation by just typing “.pif”. And this is not all, the best part of this all is that noone will be able to tell who disrupted the conversation!
So next time someone invites you to one of those “I’m bored so let’s start a massive group conversation”-persons invite you, you know what to do!

Also on the cards is a new msn beta program. There has been much speculation as to what the new msn is? (7.1 / 7.5 / the new official Hotmail Wave 11?) All that is know is that invitations have been sent to old msn beta testers inviting them to partcipate. So expect a new msn in the next few months

Microsoft sent out emails today to former MSN and MSN Messenger beta testers, inviting them to join a new MSN Messenger beta program on Microsoft Connect.

Microsoft Connect is the new product development collaboration site at Microsoft, rumored to be the distribution place of Longhorn Beta 1. Here is an excerpt from the email:

"Hello Butterflies! The MSN Beta Team would like to invite you to sign up for an upcoming MSN Messenger beta program. During this beta program we will be testing a new version of MSN Messenger.

We are looking for a group of testers willing to actively participate and provide useful feedback to our development teams. This will be a short beta program lasting only about 5 weeks. It is critical to the product’s success that each member of the beta program participates fully during this period. Regular and consistent participation throughout the program is expected. Incentives will be provided to the most active participants."

The IDs for the Microsoft Connect site are 12-character hexadecimal codes that are nondistributable.

Ed: Possibly the new Hotmail Wave 11 we have been hearing about?

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
theres a new msn version...is there a ad blocker on that too?

Msn 7.5 is a beta version. While just about everbody who knows about has now got it ( due to leaks), it is technically for offical beta-testers only. (Hence why ive only briefly mentioned it before) Full release likely in September.

Read more about MSN 7.5 here: http://www.mess.be/msnmessenger75.htm (Copy and paste link in browser)

As for your question, If you want to get rid of the ads use the updated A-patch (http://a-patch.tk). It should work on the 7.5 Betas.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol that was released a few months ago lol :p

But yeah, anyway look on the same site (apatch.tk) There should be the patch for your version underneath the ones for 7.5 :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well its the nature of leaked betas. that they are usually illegal....so therefore i couldnt give you a direct link here......but try google*hint* :p (the link is also sitting on a news post from a few weeks ago, on mess.be)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)