msn on sydney uni network (1 Viewer)

HSC
i was wondering if neone from uni of sydney knows wether you can use msn messenger on the uni network. i'm staying at one of the colleges and my computer can access the network to use the internet but msn won't connect. I already have credit on my account too. Ne help would be much appreciated!!!!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You need to connect to the university network with a !10 at the end of your university allocated username. so, for example "iqwe2417" becomes "iqwe2417!10"

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i suppose if u cant use msn, then using gmail should be ok...especially with google talk implemented inside the gmail account.

...and just one small, rather naive question...

what is the procedure to connect to the sydney uni network via wireless card?

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
thank you very much rafy! greatly appreciated :D

its gonna take some time to read all that stuff, plus configurations...

i wonder where the access points are located around the campus(es)...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Throughout most of the busier buildings, including libraries, lecture halls, parts of Wentworth/Manning/Holme etc.

Lainee

HSC

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Lainee said:
There's a map somewhere that tells you how good the signal strength is in particular areas of the building. Although at times, the map is too optimistic at best.

Ah, found it: http://itassist.usyd.edu.au/student/services/internet/wireless/wireless_map.shtml

Just click on one of the green buildings and it'll hopefully tell you the coverage.
brilliant!

thank you very much!

i tried logging into my WebCT account at the quad lawns, but the connection always times out, or there is a problem loading the page GRRRRRRRRRr:mad: i can only access my email, and i am suppose to be able to acess faculty websites, but same problem appears!

HELP! and i dont know how to configure my network connections either! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH i have fiddled around with "advanced properties" and "change details", but nothing there seems to fit with the wireless setup requirements on the IT assist websites. im using windows XP...any computer/IT gurus able to help out me please? gracious thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
lol, same happens for me, i was in the general sitting area in fisher and it kept timing out... =/

Boonie~

HSC
N/A
Try going to tools->options-> connection-> advance settings-> then type your username n password into the proxy place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)