MSN - "u'v been signed in on another comp!" (1 Viewer)

piecheck

HSC
N/A
hey so, the other day i was in my msn account when i was signed out of it by someone who signed me in on another comp, unoe the msg.....anyways no one else noes my password, and ive obviously changed it since....i donno how, but did someone seriously findout my password?? Ive heard of this happen to a friend of mine, should i be worried, or could it be an msn problem?? - this thread i guess is partly linked to my hackers thread.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
be sure its not just Windows Messenger hiding in the background and trying to sign in. That is the usual explanation.
If its not however, then yes, it is most likely that somebody had your password.

piecheck

HSC
N/A
hmm, that could have been it cos i have 2 msns that can work at once on my comp, though im sure i would have noticed that, well does anyone noe how someone would have found out my password?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Much of the time Windows Messenger operates in a hidden mode. So you may not notice it. Check your processes for msmsgr.exe (Note: this is opposed to msNmsgr.exe which is MSN Messenger)

As for how somebody can find your password, Microsoft Passport is a VERY secure system. The only real way you can get a password in through either guessing it directly, answering the secret question, or using something like a keylogger etc to obtain it.

Last edited:
HSC
Yes, Windows messenger - the really old one that comes with windows by default, sometimes opens, (often without even having an icon in the system tray), and logs in automatically with your details.

Disable Windows Messenger on Start-up.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It is very unlikely that someone would of 'hacker' your account logging in through Windows Messenger is the likely answer.

Although I have heard of email accounts getting stolen and taken over they were not msn\hotmail accounts and the chances of that happening without you indirectly clicking a link answering a suspecious email are low.

If you are writing your password down a family memeber or friend may have found out the password that way or if you are accessing it from school. Just be careful and make sure the password is not a word found in the dictionary.

Raginsheep

HSC
Have you been using msn on another computer recently and ticked the "remember me on this comp" box by mistake. Oh and yeah, delete windows messenger. Just go to Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Add Remove Programs>>Windows Components and scroll down until you see it and untick it.

P

pLuvia

Probably just windows messenger as people have advised. But if you are unsure, change your password immediately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)