muckup day pranks (1 Viewer)

stag_j

it's taken a while but a lot of effort is about to pay off and i should have the admin password for our school network.
what ideas to ppl have about muckup day pranks?
im looking at pranks rather than vandalism, but im sure ppl would be interested to here the more extreme stuff anyway.
my main aim is to shown our IT guy that he's not as king shit as he thinks he is, and i wanna leave a reputation for myself...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i dont think we've come up with anything definite yet
u found the password???

Huy

HSC
N/A
This belongs in "school" more so than IT stuff.
But anyway,

It has taken you a while, and a lot of effort to obtain the administrator's password. I don't think I should be congratulating you, but it'll be simple to reset the password, change the password, or even removing the existing (and any newly created passwords, your handy work) if you were a 'real' IT Administrator at school, managing the LAN.

If your aim is to show your IT/Network Administrator that he isn't as "king shit as he thinks he is", then I don't think that this is the best way to go about it. I hate to rain on your parade, but you'll be creating a nuissance (great, you've got the password, then what?) -- as for leaving a reputation for yourself, you'll be losing any reputation the moment everybody hears about it, and you'll be forced to rebuilt such a 'clean' reputation from scratch.

Anyway, good luck with it, but I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. It's not as 'great' as you think it will be.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
just curious...anyone know if you can hide the taskbar on Windows 2000?

Rahul

Dead Member
drag it to the right hand side of the monitor:D...for a prank.

for serious use, do u mean auto-hide(when u move the mouse away, it disappears?)
right click on the tool bar(between the open progs and the clock)>properties>check "auto hide tool bar"
.....if thats what u were after

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
yeah, auto hide..i know you can do it in xp..never tried 200 though..so can u?

Rahul

Dead Member
yeh i have done it in 95, so it should work in 2000. its pretty much a standard feature on windows

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
thanks:D...considering the limited knowledge of some teachers in my school...i might actually try out somethings on muck up day

stag_j

In response to what Huy said:
i'm not trying to create a nuissance of myself - that is why i asked for ideas that weren't considered vandalism, i don't want to damage the computers or just randomly screw them up - im just looking for a few jokes to play. compared to other things that are generally done at muckup day, this really wouldnt be pushing the boundaries at all.

and as for showing our IT guy that he isn't as great as he thinks - that's all i'm aiming to do to him. my grade feels that we need a subtle way of letting him know that we've been getting around his restrictions against games, etc all year.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Our teachers in my school did a very good job in restricting us.

You know what they did?

They bought MACS!!!!

Those are so useless :(

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Our teacher brings his own mac laptop to school.

Then tells us all the features on it and how its superior to the PC.

Too bad all our major projects was done in Visual basic. He has to use windows. Bwahahahah.

fatmuscle

HSC
linux is more useful than a Mac, by a long way!!!

as for school pranks... set all homepages to 'www.boredofstudies.org' and email all the teachers 'www.boredofstudies.org'
hahha
yes, it's lame, but I'm here to promote the site.

Chameleon

Why don't you try the scheduled tasks. You could have your own 'evil' message appear at certain intervals, or something equally as anoying...or, you could put a script for 'shutdown' into either the startup items or the scheduled tasks. Have the computer automatically shutting down at random intervals.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
macs r crap
I was using a Mac (G4), graphite all day today.
PageMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop and some Word/ClarisWorks docs.

Spent the whole day working on the yearbook and I didn't attend class, ahhh, why did I bring my books! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)