Multiculturalism (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

erawamai said:
I find that a little odd considering he is our resident white supremacist. Even though with his new user account he has toned down his racism...just a tad.
How's it odd?

See, there's something he and I disagree with; white supremacy is not only an ethically bad idea but a practically bad one.

I'd hope that you were not overtly racist.
I try to stand up for what I believe in; that being said, I'm definitely overtly racist. I guess it depends on your definition of racist, though, and what degrees and types of racism exist.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I try to stand up for what I believe in; that being said, I'm definitely overtly racist. I guess it depends on your definition of racist, though, and what degrees and types of racism exist.
Why are you racist PwarYuex?

I guess my definition of racism is a strong belief in racial superiority. Whether the person chooses to implement this belief in his or her day to day life is another question.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

erawamai said:
I used to not be. I bet you could go back two months of posts and see how Left I was.

But now I find it hard to deal with what's happened to me and people I know without being racist. I honestly wish that studying different people and getting to know them helped (ie, stopped me hating the situation), but it really hasn't.

I'm also the first to admit that racism is a bad thing and a sign of intolerance. I think I need to grow up a bit.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
know that, jackass. Also note that Arabic ethnicity, Arabic culture, and Islamic religion all follow each other hand in hand.
not necesarrily, culture and religion dont go hand in hand. Because has spread throughout the world, and hit at different cultures, muslims tend to have different traditions, attitudes and perspectives. arabic culture is very different to indian culture, but you still have an arab muslim and indian muslim. so an indian muslim will be completely different to an arab muslim or a sri lankan muslim.

I'm so glad you keep saying this because what I've studied shows you to be false. The Barbarian Invasion of Late Antiquity and the spread of Islam did nothing for women in the areas hit hardest.
well you just havent studied at all! it considerable improved womens stature in the society. before the introduction of islam women in themiddle east were treated like dogs, its only after did they have rite value.

Yes, way to be educated...
yeah, that makes sense!

Thankyou for telling me, I hadn't noticed.
maybe if you werent blind you would have noticed

I prefer Jews to Arabs; and Jews annoy the hell out of me. Mainly because they're excellent businessmen and salesmen. All the Jewish people I've worked with have made far better workers than I do.
Nah asian are better businessman and salesman, In australia they basically own everything.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
erawamai said:

I guess my definition of racism is a strong belief in racial superiority. Whether the person chooses to implement this belief in his or her day to day life is another question.
everyone is rascist! i have not meant single person who isnt!.

X

xeuyrawp

HotShot said:
not necesarrily, culture and religion dont go hand in hand. Because has spread throughout the world, and hit at different cultures, muslims tend to have different traditions, attitudes and perspectives. arabic culture is very different to indian culture, but you still have an arab muslim and indian muslim. so an indian muslim will be completely different to an arab muslim or a sri lankan muslim.
Generally speaking, culture (religion, writing, materials, practices) follows the spread of race.

well you just havent studied at all! it considerable improved womens stature in the society. before the introduction of islam women in themiddle east were treated like dogs, its only after did they have rite value.
No, I certainly have not studied it at all! I look forward to doing a bit more in this period of history (late antiquity), it really is one of the most important periods of history.

Nah asian are better businessman and salesman, In australia they basically own everything.
I don't think so; I think Asians are not as good businessmen as Jewish people. Asians have a tough time dealing with non-Asians, whereas Jewish people know how to work different cultures -- I worked with a Jewish guy at Sony who always made a point of spending time in Japan and doing Japanese classes; not so he could converse with Japanese people, but so he could understand their thought processes.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
HotShot said:
everyone is rascist! i have not meant single person who isnt!.
I'm personally not that racist. I've never really felt any racial hatred for anyone. This of course does not mean that 'culture' is not up for criticism...this includes your own culture.

But one whole culture should not be discounted. It's not a big fat homogenous culture. Each culture has it's good and bad.

PwarYuex said:
I don't think so; I think Asians are not as good businessmen as Jewish people. Asians have a tough time dealing with non-Asians, whereas Jewish people know how to work different cultures -- I worked with a Jewish guy at Sony who always made a point of spending time in Japan and doing Japanese classes; not so he could converse with Japanese people, but so he could understand their thought processes.
What if I said 'Whites' have trouble dealing with the asian people of the region? Fair claim?

I mean your above statement is pretty damn general. I'm sure you realise that it's so general that it's probably inaccurate.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

erawamai said:
I'm personally not that racist. I've never really felt any racial hatred for anyone. This of course does not mean that 'culture' is not up for criticism...this includes your own culture.
The problem is that race and culture have become so inextricable. So many races have had such an ingrained association with a cultural identity. Look at Jewish ethnics; most of them, regardless of their religion, identify with Israel as a home land.

Chance has made the Jewish ethnicity focussed on Israel, so their spread and change of culture has been minimal. They never conquered anyone; they never really spread out until modern times. In that case, you can see a person of Jewish ethnicity walking down the street, and you associate him with Judaism, Hebrew, a Jewish name, and Israeli food.

Even races which have spread hugely still have large ties with their culture. It's just that white people have no real cultural identity or collective memory -- we find it hard to understand how an African American associates himself with Africa. I mean, white Americans find no sense of identity in western europe, even though that's where white people came from.

X

xeuyrawp

erawamai said:
What if I said 'Whites' have trouble dealing with the asian people of the region? Fair claim?
Definitely true. Non-nationals starting up a business in Asian nation X is difficult; how do you think non-Asians starting up a business in Asian nation is is?

We were talking about businessmen here, though. I've never experienced a work environment overseas.

I mean your above statement is pretty damn general. I'm sure you realise that it's so general that it's probably inaccurate.
It's damn general, but it's no more inaccurate than the term 'Asian'.

Comrade nathan

HSC
That would be a good point except for the fact that he only hates Arabs and Islam because of their terrible treatment of women (among other equally terrible things)...
Oh so he expresses his disgust for the treatment of women, by calling Arabs "Apes". Yeah no racism there, he is a new age feminist i guess.

But now I find it hard to deal with what's happened to me and people I know without being racist.
That is a poor excuse.

X

xeuyrawp

Comrade nathan said:
Oh so he expresses his disgust for the treatment of women, by calling Arabs "Apes". Yeah no racism there, he is a new age feminist i guess.
When did I say there was no racism here...?

That is a poor excuse.
When did I say it wasn't...? :S

7.62 BOS

Banned
HSC
katie_tully said:
Yes...but if I recall properly, places like Switzerland also have quite tough immigration laws. Meaning, they don't just let anybody and everybody in.

I disagree with the term multiculturalism. I think it's ridiculous and represents racial and cultural segregation. I personally feel it is impossible for a multitude of different cultures to exist harmoniously within a small area - unless there is some form of assimilation. And we all know how well assimilation works.

Note. I'm not infering that cultures should homogenise and lose their identity, I'm saying there needs to be some development of the Australian culture incorporated into other cultures. There needs to be a desire to be Australian. Refer to the Greek, Italian, Turkish and Croation immigrants of pre and post World War 2. <3
Heil Tully.

X

xeuyrawp

Comrade nathan said:
pwar said:
When did I say there was no racism here...?
Well stop defending him and portraying him as someone looking out for women's rights in the Middle East.
What the fuck?

What does racism have to do with women's rights?!

nathan said:
Well why keep it up?
pwar said:
When did I say it wasn't...? :S
nathan said:
That is a poor excuse.
WTF?!

You seriously make NO sense. If you quote me, address the issue you're quoting!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
erawamai said:

But one whole culture should not be discounted. It's not a big fat homogenous culture. Each culture has it's good and bad.

'not that rascist' is still rascist, its just human nature, we done understand that there som many different types people. not really rascist but if falls under the same category of discrimination.
we tend to single out people who are different from us.

well he picked one jew, i doubt all jew are like that. but just go to eastwood, most of the stores there are owned by asian and run by them too. Michels, 2 dollor shops, restaurants etc - its chinatown.

Generator

HSC
N/A
To fear the other (to an extent) is not to be racist - just because you may be slightly uncomfortable around that which is different isn't to say that you are of the opinion that your 'race' is superior to the other.

To be wary around the other is to be human, but to be racist isn't.

Comrade nathan

HSC
What the fuck?

What does racism have to do with women's rights?!
That is the whole point. You are saying he actually cares for women in the middle east. He is a racist, he doesn't give a shit about thoose women. He hates Arabs, he is attacking Islam from which ever angle he can, so he mentions how they treat women. He couldn't care less otherwise.

WTF?!

You seriously make NO sense. If you quote me, address the issue you're quoting!
How could you not follow that? I said why do you keep up the racism if you know your reasons are poor? Was it that hard to understand or you just being a fool on purpose?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Generator said:
To fear the other (to an extent) is not to be racist - just because you may be slightly uncomfortable around that which is different isn't to say that you are of the opinion that your 'race' is superior to the other.

To be wary around the other is to be human, but to be racist isn't.
no thats not what i mean, its not fear that drives rascism, rascism is because people are so different that humans can tolerate it.

to be wary around others, may be for any reason, such u r nervous of an interview, or scared of the dark etc. so that really isnt a situation.

Rascism is part of human nature, not rascism actually but discrimination, like discrimination of fat people, disabled etc - its human.
racism has go to do with the race of course, and as a result if do you feel uncomfortable with another race and comfortable with a different race, then that is racism, people are the same so obviously you are troubled by their race which is racism.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Rascism is part of human nature, not rascism actually but discrimination, like discrimination of fat people, disabled etc - its human.
racism has go to do with the race of course, and as a result if do you feel uncomfortable with another race and comfortable with a different race, then that is racism, people are the same so obviously you are troubled by their race which is racism.
I disagree with what you're saying, while I do think that discrimination is fairly natural, I also believe that race is not a real thing and thus eventually we will probably get over it.

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I disagree with what you're saying, while I do think that discrimination is fairly natural, I believe that race is not a real thing and thus eventually we will probably get over it.
the human group is ONE species. :p:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)