Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

The Thinker

"I can't get no sleep"
HSC
Does anyone have a clue what they think would be the right answers to the multiple choice? If you do, feel free to post it here! :)

mzduxx2006

HSC
hm well i have my multiple choice question sheet with the answers i submitted on the day. dont know if they are right. hope atleast one of them is :D aniways my following answers were...keep in mind they probly arent RIGHT :( :

1- A
2- D
3- D
4- C
5- D
6- C
7- A
8- C
9- D
10- A
11- B
12- A
13- C
14- D
15- B

CORRECT ANSWERS= 0/15 :(

joshuajspence

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
hm well i have my multiple choice question sheet with the answers i submitted on the day. dont know if they are right. hope atleast one of them is :D aniways my following answers were...keep in mind they probly arent RIGHT :( :

1- A
2- D
3- D
4- C
5- D
6- C
7- A
8- C
9- D
10- A
11- B
12- A
13- C
14- D
15- B

CORRECT ANSWERS= 0/15 :(
you got 10/15

3B
8C
9A
10C
13A

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
1. A - No doubt - Ethanol can be renewed as it is the only one that sources energy from the sun in the process.
2. D - No doubt - Glucose monomers polymerise into cellulose and water.
3. B - No doubt - The electrons flow from anode (losing electrons) to cathode (gaining elctrons) via external wire (salt bridge transports ions)
4. C - There were 7 carbons and you count the -OH from the lower end (3 not 5).
5. D - Magnesium and Lead are the furthest apart on the standard potentials table.
6. C - All others are acidic or neutral.
7. D - No doubt - Neutralisation is an exothermic reaction and only choice D matches the energy profile.
8. C - A stonger acid should have a lower pH than a weaker acid of the same concentration.
9. A - No doubt - Sodium citrate is the only one formed from a strong base and weak acid.
10. D - I know I'm wrong - After using the dilution equation I should have used 900mL - 90mL = 810mL
11. B - No doubt - Ca2+ and Mg2+ are primarily responsible for hardness.
12. A - Water seems to be formed in all combustion reactions whether it is complete or not.
13. A - Decreasing the pressure favours the reverse reaction and the only true statement there is that heat will be absorbed as opposed to the heat released in the forward exothermic reaction.
14. D - This is the only viable option as AAS is accurate and relies on the absorption spectra not continuous or emission.
15. B - From textbooks I recall that Chlorine's presence helps catalyse the destruction of ozone.

EDIT:
Originally I said: "4. C - I know I'm wrong - I thought there were 7 carbons."
I'm not wrong, the structure is an isomer of Heptan-3-ol even though the terminal carbon appears to be a methyl bond.
In 6, phenolphthalein only changes to pink when the pH is approximately greater than 8.
Correct answer to 10 is C.

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Shit, then i screwed up multiple choice pretty badly.

cuffed

HSC
my mc answers:
1. A
2. D
3. B
4.C
5.D
6.C
7.D
8.C
9.A
10.C
11.B
12. A
13.A
14. D
15. B

hope I didn't colour the bubbles wrongly x|
according to Forbidden's answers, I should have gotten full marks then. lolol. first time ever. too bad i screwed up the rest of the paper </3

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
Forbidden. said:
1. A - No doubt - Ethanol can be renewed as it is the only one that sources energy from the sun in the process.
2. D - No doubt - Glucose monomers polymerise into cellulose and water.
3. B - No doubt - The electrons flow from anode (losing electrons) to cathode (gaining elctrons) via external wire (salt bridge transports ions)
4. C - There were 7 carbons and you count the -OH from the lower end (3 not 5).
5. D - Magnesium and Lead are the furthest apart on the standard potentials table.
6. C - All others are acidic or neutral.
7. D - No doubt - Neutralisation is an exothermic reaction and only choice D matches the energy profile.
8. C - A stonger acid should have a lower pH than a weaker acid of the same concentration.
9. A - No doubt - Sodium citrate is the only one formed from a strong base and weak acid.
10. D - I know I'm wrong - After using the dilution equation I should have used 900mL - 90mL = 810mL
11. B - No doubt - Ca2+ and Mg2+ are primarily responsible for hardness.
12. A - Water seems to be formed in all combustion reactions whether it is complete or not.
13. A - Decreasing the pressure favpours the reverse reaction and the only true statement there is that heat will be absorbed as opposed to the heat released in the forward exothermic reaction.
14. D - This is the only viable option as AAS is accurate and relies on the absorption spectra not continuous or emission.
15. B - From textbooks I recall that Chlorine's presence helps catalyse the destruction of ozone.

EDIT:
Originally I said: "4. C - I know I'm wrong - I thought there were 7 carbons."
I'm not wrong, the structure is an isomer of Heptan-3-ol even though the terminal carbon appears to be a methyl bond.
Damn.
I knew i did bad.
But thats depressing.
I got nine wrong =[
Looks like chem is not counting for me lol.
=/

Romina

HSC
8/15...shocking....oh wells at least i got over half of them right....

pires_w

HSC
1A
2D
3B
4C
5D
6C
7C <--- I've asked my teacher...I put D though =[
8C
9A
10C <--- I put D, what a stupid mistake...lol
11B
12A
13A
14D
15B

Armenikum

HSC
pires_w said:
1A
2D
3B
4C
5D
6C
8C
9A
11B
12A
13A
14D
15B
7 is c?

how is that an exo reaction?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
pires_w said:
1A
2D
3B
4C
5D
6C
8C
9A
11B
12A
13A
14D
15B
D, same here LOL, what a stupid mistake.
After finding the volume after dilution I should've found the volume added NOT the total volume, if it wasn't for this I would have got full marks for multiple choice.

Armenikum said:
7 is c?

how is that an exo reaction?
Exactly, C looks like the conductivity vs. volume of acid/base added to a solution in a titration experiment when you stick the conductivity probe in.

cuffed said:
my mc answers:
1. A
2. D
3. B
4.C
5.D
6.C
7.D
8.C
9.A
10.C
11.B
12. A
13.A
14. D
15. B

hope I didn't colour the bubbles wrongly x|
according to Forbidden's answers, I should have gotten full marks then. lolol. first time ever. too bad i screwed up the rest of the paper </3
I think I muffed up badly in many parts ...

ssglain

HSC
I fell in the same trap for Q10 - put D because I forgot to subtract 90 from 900.
But otherwise 14/15 according to you guys. Phew.

UAI2007

HSC
I don't get how 14 is D "The wavelength of light used in AAS matches one of the spectral lines provided when the sample is analysed by a flame test."

I put B cos I was down to B and D but D says "ONE of the spectral lines" the spectral lines from a sample line in a flame test consist of various spectral lines if you use only one line, that line could be common to various elements. So if you used a certain line you'd be identifying multiple metals?

(I would have put D if it said it 'matches a spectral line spectrum')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)