Multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

Winsux

15 is A, cause the books always go on about how communication is vital, and you wouldn't want to stop letting the client have a say about their product. its deffinately A

blah

I am blah
HSC
sum different answers i got:

1.D
2.C
6.A
10.B (y isit D??)
12.D
15.A
17.A(no point if its good quality but doesnt achieve its purpose)

Winsux

10 is D, cause 'the software developer' produces the programs, so he wouldn't say, do it yourself and don't pay me. the end-user is not making hte program, so its RAD

Bug

OK,
With Q1. when it said processes - I assumed it ment the physical processes to produce the part (milling, turning, casting etc ..), So couldnt a story board be used to show the different processes that are done to the part ?? I highly doubt it's D, it could be C however.

With Q10. I think it ment the developer is producing software for buisnesses that all have there own needs that will change over time - so the developer is producing something like MS Access that the end-user can modify/use to create the database that suits their own needs. Hence it would be a large project that would need to be reliable, so I went for A.

Q17. A ...... there is no use in having software that can do fantastic stuff with images if u cant get an image in there ......

Q6. B The Project leader is in charge, it's his job to over see the the project and make sure it does what it is ment to.

Q12. I think it has to be pre-test because it adds the hours worked to the total for that employee. If you had a post-test, you would add a negative number (i.e. subtract) that amount from the employees total number of hours.

What do you think ??

blah

I am blah
HSC
for 6 i thought system analyst, coz hes mainly involved in the first two stages and therefore is responisble for understanding the problem and cuming up wif a feasible solution and he also designs the solution and stuff.

and i thought that all of these would affect the overall qualtiy of the final solution.

sunny

meh.
HSC
A storyboard is primarily used to show the relationships between the GUIs in a program and how navigational elements lead to each screen. They usually don't show processes.

In question 12, using a post-test loop, there is nothing stopping the calculation being performed at the beginning of the loop so the -ve value isn't added to the sum.

REPEAT
>>hours = hours + new
>>get new hours
UNTIL hours < 0

Bug

For Q12; If you want to get pedantic .... it could be C aswell, it doesnt say the program finishes when the data is printed:

REPEAT

Get EmployeeName
Get HoursWorked

IF HoursWorked < 0 then
Print ......
ELSE
set AmountOwing =+ HoursWorked
END IF

UNTIL

- I highly dislike when they asked how an algrothim is structured in MC, simpley because there are several ways of doing it ......

Q1, yes a flowchart would be more appropriate ..... isnt heinsight a bitch ;)

ske

bah!..i hate software..im lookin at 85+ hopefulli...

for q2 cant iznt c more appropriate..coz pulldown menu could refer to the pull down menus like file..edit..view..n crap..so thats why i put c..but yeah i was tossin ova c n d too..

for q12..cant u repeat until?
get name n hrs
repeat
calculate
get name n hrs
until hrs < 0
..or somfin like that?..i kno iz jus as easy to do while endwhile..but realisticalli..the repeat until control structure is unnecessary altogether..think about it...theres no situation in which u cant use while/endwhile...but i called up the good ole advice line..and they sed "sometimes it seems more logical to repeat somfin until a condition occurs" and i thot the company would have atleast 1 employee..rite?..so yeah..eetha way..its a bitch..coz theyr both rite..b n d that is..

n i hated q20..did any other fools not see the absent do answer b?...i wasted 5-10mins on that question and guessed b...eh!

newaiz..for the ppl doin 12 units..how many ppl are bankin on software to be their 12th unit?..coz i sure as hell am..:D

blah

I am blah
HSC
hey samd have u managed to get a copy of the paper?

if u have can u tell us wot u think the answers r for mc.

and also u kno how u were the senior marker b4, can u tell us wot the approximate cut offs were for band 5 and 6 etc. in past exams

kmb3asv3

Originally posted by martin
OK, here's my effort. I'm usually good at M/C but some of these were pretty ambiguous.
1C
2D
3B
4A
5D
6B
7D
8C
9B
10D
11A
12B
13C
14D
15A
16C
17C
18B
19C
20C
Feel free to disagree with any of those, but I was most dubious about 3,6,8,15 and 17 (How would I know what a professional photographer thinks is important)
Martin
10 i had B, i thought it would be a DBMS will be suitable to be used...never thought it would be RAD though :rolleyes:

blah

I am blah
HSC
i put B i thought coz end user would involve using off da shelf packages and therefore database stuff.

i didnt think case tools and re-use of codes as in RAD would b used.

but i think the trick for this question is taht the enduser is not making the solution for themselves.... bah

sunny

meh.
HSC
I think there are several ways of reading the question:

1) The developer is making an application for the client. In which case 'changing environment' would mean that the objectives are not clear and RAD (D) would be the answer.

2) The developer is writing an application that the client can use for end user development, like a DBMS. In which case they would have to use the structured approach to make sure that the application is complete and bug free. But this is unlikely as the question says "small businesses", which would imply they don't have the money and time for the structured approach.

3) The client is using a (eg) DBMS app to create an application, so they would be using end user.

Now...to get really really picky:

"A software developer"

"What is an appropriate software development approach they would use"

"small businesses"

Now being that picky, the plural is used only with businesses. This would mean that the "they" in the second sentence is referring to the clients and thus asking what approach the clients are taking. It would mean that the clients are writing their own application and thus be using end user.

Confused anyone? :confused:

blah

I am blah
HSC
kewl ur giving me sum hope that i got it right yey

did u put enduser or rad sunny?

sunny

meh.
HSC
I put RAD. I hadn't thought about the question in as much detail (hell who would?) as I did just then.

D seems to be the logical answer on top, but having scrutinised the question like that it looks like a B. But really I'm still unconvinced by either!

blah

I am blah
HSC
bah the mc were really tough

most of them u had to really think hard between two possible answers and find the "best" one ffs

and for that other question regarding qualioty thingy did u put system analyst or project leader

sunny

meh.
HSC
I put B project leader.

The 'quality' of the program depends on more than just the ability for the program to solve the problem, it should include the program's usability and reliability.

Since the system analyst only creates the algorithms for the team (which would mean that the analyst is responsible for the ability of the program to solve the problem), but for none of the other elements of quality like correctness, maintability and efficiency (and other ones), most of which are done by the team. So I put project leader.

enzi`

AARRGGHH!!! I hated q 13 and 14! I'd seen that type of diagram once in the book, but our stupid teacher never even mentioned it, and I didn't have time to revise everything he didn't teach us!!!:mad:

thestu

I got these wrong (I think), please comment

3 A
8 D
10 B
12 D
15 A
17 D

I am interested on why I got 8, 10, 15 and 17 wrong. I look at it again and I still think they look right.

sunny

meh.
HSC
8: They are not poorly understood by programmers, MS Word can be counted as a CASE tool, and the most novice of computer users can type up a decent document. I think this point was actually was in one of the textbooks, it might have been Sam's I can't remember - I've already given my books back.

10: I can't decide! :confused:

15: You're right about 15. No one has said otherwise....

17: The product is no use to the photographer if it cannot process his formate of images, even if it is in stock and available. The point of a software solution is to solve a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)