• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

multiple choice in HSC (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
hey guys i was just thinking the multiple choice in the HSC is it like those maths competitions where we need a 2b pencil and colour the box??

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
oh man i read and wrote for a year 12 girl last yr but i totally forget.. i remember the multi choice answer sheet had her name and student number on it..
but yeh good question...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
no in any exam multiple choice is the worst section for me for some reason

i always do better in the essays

rumour

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
hey guys i was just thinking the multiple choice in the HSC is it like those maths competitions where we need a 2b pencil and colour the box??
No you use either a black or blue pen, & I think you colour in the box.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
As long as you make your answer clear, (i think its just an X) then youll get the mark. Remember that teachers mark the HSC by hand unlike the competitions where a computer picks up the lead markings, so just use a blue/black pen as instructed.

Sabbo

HSC
Our geo teacher was like saying how we have to do the multiple choice in pencil cause a machine is doing the marking :confused:

Oh well I guess you can always ask a superviser once you're in the exam

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
My SOR teacher said its done by machines but definitely you do it in blue or black pen.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'm pretty sure we coloured the circles in with a black or blue pen. Take a pencil case with everything.. just in case.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i know you definately use blue or black pen

and from memory you do colour the circle in

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
blue/black pen and its machine marked...... think of the numbers of candidates people!

goto to www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au and the board has oput an online MC testing facility there-based on past questions in different combinations. It has (had) a timer and everything...Good fro practice

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
snapperhead said:
blue/black pen and its machine marked...... think of the numbers of candidates people!

goto to www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au and the board has oput an online MC testing facility there-based on past questions in different combinations. It has (had) a timer and everything...Good fro practice
What happens when you have like a crossed out and changed answer, because surely every 2nd or 3rd paper would have one of those...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
What happens when you have like a crossed out and changed answer, because surely every 2nd or 3rd paper would have one of those...
from memory, the instruction is to cross through it with an "X" . Apparently the scanners can recognise it!
screenshot of 2003 SOR HSC MC instructions

I assume its all the same......

BTW at my old school, the supervisors would actually check the MC sheets to ensure they were correct (as apart of checking all the papers). Maybe this is standard for all centres??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)