Multiple Choice: Q9 (1 Viewer)

The christian churches strongly supported australia's involvement in which conflict?

• World war 1

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • World war 2

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • The Vietnam War

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • The War in Iraq

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
dave_119 said:
it was vietnam.. because ww2 involved lutherans!! (german) they were against the war,. therefore leaving vietnam
Im pretty sure the Lutherans in Australia were for the war, even though they were German. If they werent for it then they atleast did not make much of a fuss here for obvious reasons such as the ones that were sent to concentration camp for being though of as enemy spies and were only released after Mannix and others protested

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
No single bloody war had the complete support of every bloody religious denomination. hmmm i said bloody twice in a sentence, i think im done with this question. its one mark

nomz

quote from excel book... "Christian Churches generally supported WW1 with much enthusiasm" then goes on to talk about opposition to conscription. Then later in the book... "Christian Churches supported WW2, but not with the same amount of enthusiasm as WW1"...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
nook said:
quote from excel book... "Christian Churches generally supported WW1 with much enthusiasm" then goes on to talk about opposition to conscription. Then later in the book... "Christian Churches supported WW2, but not with the same amount of enthusiasm as WW1"...
which is why you shouldnt use the excel book......

'cause its crap...esp. the course in 3 months one. Have met one of the authors and the reason for the 'quality' of the book was made more apparent...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Seriously no reason to argue, as Tenille said its 1 mark and theres no way everyone will agree. We will just have to wait until BOS releases the markers notes

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Tenille said:
No single bloody war had the complete support of every bloody religious denomination. hmmm i said bloody twice in a sentence, i think im done with this question. its one mark
lol, yes, i agree.
sorry for causing all this trouble but i just wanted to know what was the real answer :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Crikket said:
lol, yes, i agree.
sorry for causing all this trouble but i just wanted to know what was the real answer :)
theres nothing wrong with healthy discussion...its the people that are getting defensive and slightly abusive that ruin it for all!!

lol

mikeryan69

HSC
N/A
hey

snapper head please get ur facts straight....
kaboom
ww1 was most supported
dude dont say ur right
my teacher is top of state and says its WW1.....
ur not right.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mikeryan69 said:
snapper head please get ur facts straight....
kaboom
ww1 was most supported
dude dont say ur right
my teacher is top of state and says its WW1.....
ur not right.
read my post and understand it... (my emphasis)
Mannix was opposed to war 1 as he described it a British trade war..... hence his opposition to conscription and dont forget the vote for/against conscription was defeated narrowly twice (1916 and 1917) because of the religious vote led by Mannix.

Technically all of the answers are wrong but the 'least wrong one' is WW2 (I think) as no-one really spoke out against it as such. (note: groups like the SDA's and the Methodists did speak out as did many individual priests and bishops) It has nothing to do with Catholic nations etc (remember that the vatican was mysteriously silent during WW2)......the question was about 'Christian Churches' so it was really a majority thing not the biggest minority.
Its my opinion ...who cares if you reckon your teacher is top of the state (whatever that means)+ I was responding to someone elses point (which has been backed up by two other users.....)

Never did said I was right...I said that what *I think* was the *most correct answer* (cause they are all wrong) and provided my logic for it..... dont come on here and slag off people for their opinions....

we will see in march when they release the answers....

refer to post 28 as well
idiot

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I know a student becomes top of the state by getting the highest mark in the HSC test, but how does a teacher become top of the state? If its any consolation my teacher also agreed that it was WW2. So you have 2 teachers (snapperhead and mine) who have marked the HSC at some stage whos OPINION is that it was WW2

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
who knows.....

but if he (the poster) wants to compare qualifications and experience....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)