Multiple Choice Question.. (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I just had my teacher mark an independent multiple choice paper I did, and she marked the follwoing answer incorrect, I'm confused..

Which of the following alternative health care approaches has a holistic focus which addresses both the symptoms and underlying causes of illness?

(A) Aromatherapy
(B) Acupuncture
(C) Homeopathy
(D) Naturopathy

I chose (C), but the correct answer is (D)...

In my notes I have:

Naturopathy: Belief that the body naturally strives for health and the parctioner will support this effort.
Basis is nature - the Earth and its natural charateristics: sunshine, water, fresh air, healthy diet, exercise etc.

Homeopathy: Underlying assumption that the whole person is unwell, not just the one part. Treatments are therefore of the whole body and bringing the whole bady back into balance. Unnatural intervention will hamper healing process.

To me it would seem like (C) is correct - unless I have mis-interpreted the Q or my notes are wrong.. ?

sally_33

HSC
:eek: Are you serious we need to know stuff that detailed?? I just chucked a couple of alternative health care methods into my notes to use for examples - i dont even know what homeopathy is.

anyway from my notes ive got
Naturopathy – includes massage, herbal medicine and nutrition to harness body’s natural ability to heal itself
so i can see why that could be the answer (nutrition could be said to address 'underlying causes'). however i have no idea why C couldnt be correct as well.

sorry not much help

MCOLT

HSC
they will never ask a question like that in the hsc wouldnt even worry about it

hYperTrOphY

HSC
MCOLT said:
they will never ask a question like that in the hsc wouldnt even worry about it
I wouldn't be so sure. There is a point 'range os services available' under the major dot point Alternative health care approaches.

Rachael325

HSC
I did this set of multiple choice questions too! And i also picked C for each question. PE is gay like that. Never a definate answer. Hey do u have all the answers for those multi choice questions?

MCOLT

HSC
without wings u know too much, are you first in the state

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)