Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Bandit
Can someone explain question 19 for me... I said D, as many did.. but it seems to be c. Can ya explain?
Going from right to left, you can see it:

1. Took Cherry and inserted it after grape.
2. Took Banana and inserted it at the end.
3. Took Orange and left as is (still in order).
4. Took Apple and placed it at the end.

I think it's the insertion sort..

critical

1 c
2 a
3 c
4 a
5 d
6 d
7 d
8 b
9 a
10 c
11 c
12 b
13 d
14 a
15 c
16 c
17 d
18 b
19 b <--hmmf
20 a

Adam

HSC
Originally posted by failingTheHsc
for 13 i put b. because prototyping is a method to understand the problem better
everyone else has put d :(
Thats what I put, other people are wrong!

You see, a prototype is used primarily to understand the problem, so it can't possibly be D. A and C are crap, so B is correct, thankyou!

Bandit

Originally posted by Adam
Thats what I put, other people are wrong!

You see, a prototype is used primarily to understand the problem, so it can't possibly be D. A and C are crap, so B is correct, thankyou!
No. D is 100% correct. Learn your stuff better.;) "The project team may be committed to a solution before there is a thorough understanding of the problem" is close to a direct quote from the Sam Davis text book where the disadvantages of prototyping are discussed.

B makes no sense, because in prototyping, although development time IS increased, it IS necessary. Why bother with a prototyping approach if it wasn't necessary???

Adam

HSC
To understand the problem better? Thats the whole point of prototyping.

I couldn't care less what you quote, the whole point of a prototype is to avoid a situation as given in D.

Winston

HSC
To understand the problem better? Thats the whole point of prototyping.

I couldn't care less what you quote, the whole point of a prototype is to avoid a situation as given in D.
It sort of is, primary usage of a prototype is just to slap together ideas, and show how the interface will ineract with no functionality implemented, prototypes can be used to show the client how the system MIGHT work, but it doesnt actually really allow the understanding of the problem better, fink of a prototype as a brainstorming system where they just amalgamate certain ideas they might wanna use in initial system.

Adam

HSC
10 bucks B is right :)

You do understand that brainstorming is part of understanding the problem, it is used to better understand it, and if a customer doesn't like the prototype, then they have just gained more understanding of the problem, then they have to modify it and ask again, increasing time usage.

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
10 bucks B is right :)

You do understand that brainstorming is part of understanding the problem, it is used to better understand it, and if a customer doesn't like the prototype, then they have just gained more understanding of the problem, then they have to modify it and ask again, increasing time usage.
:uhhuh: YES! (B) is right!!
hehehe... bcoz with prototyping.. the main reason u approach problems with it is only when limited user requirements r known.. there therefore u will waste more time modifying and changing the solution until it it is the most eficent and effective solution...:)
(i hope im right...:D i need as much marks as i can.. lolz!)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
But one of the listed advantages of prototyping is fast development time

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
But one of the listed advantages of prototyping is fast development time
I think Lundy is right, to quote from Excel:

Prototypes have short development time... one of the prime advantages of prototypes.

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
I put D... it doesn't increase development time UNNECESSARILY... it is necessary in some cases, because creating large programs may be to expensive to have to modify too often, where as its more cost effective to modify the prototype....

psycho_mushy

HSC
I second what perfection said drastically.... that's what I thought when I chose D... it was also the most obvious one ffs

psycho_mushy

HSC
SamD can u tell use the answers to the mutiple choice 16 and 19 please? :)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I actually struggled in these :p

But here are my answers

1. C
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. D
6. D
7. D
8. B
9. B
10. C
11. C
12. B
13. D
14. A
15. B
16. C
17. D
18. B
19. D
20. A

woohoo

1. c
2. a
3. a (why are people putting c???)
4. a
5. d
6. d
7. d
8. b
9. b (finds the position (index), not the number)
10. c
11. c (total > 8, not >=)
12. b
13. d
14. a
15. c (you can either choose to do digit or variable at the start (wipes out a & b) & ; is optional, not repeatedly optional)
16.c
17. d
18. b
19. c
20. a

what do you think?

woohoo

I couldn't care less what you quote, the whole point of a prototype is to avoid a situation as given in D. [/B]
yes, to avoid the situation described in D, however it can occur with the prototype & hence a major problem of the prototyping approach.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by woohoo
3. a (why are people putting c???)
I think it is C, because a programmer doesn't do any of the tasks mentioned. All they do is convert the instructions into object code, whereas a project manager is more likely to define the scope, monitor the development, coordinate group activities and produce status reports.

I could very well be wrong though. :)

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
im not too sure, but im pretty sure it's A. If they were looking for the position then it should be

Highest = index (ie position in array)
NOT
Highest = array[index] (ie value of the number in that position)

yep!
yay for A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)