Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
What did everyone get in multiple choice?

I got

1. A
2. B
3. B
4. A
5. D
6. A
7. B
8. C
9. A
10. D
11. A
12. D
13. D
14. C
15. A
16. C
17. D
18. B
19. C
20. A

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
Doesn't Fax machine use binary, so its 0s and 1s. Which is the first answer (A) cause it only does 1 up or 0. I thought D was digital..

sarahmousa

HSC
N/A
can someone please upload the multiple choice questions if they have them?

rednellav

HSC
Doesn't Fax machine use binary, so its 0s and 1s. Which is the first answer (A) cause it only does 1 up or 0. I thought D was digital..
Digital itself operates off of the principle of binary code and the transfer of bits of data, or switches of "offs" and "ons".

D is just a fucked up representation of binary.

Last edited:

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
Digital itself operates off of the principle of binary code and the transfer of bits of data, or switches of "offs" and "ons".

D is just a fucked up representation of binary.
Dang, didn't know that, lost a mark already.

rednellav

HSC
Dang, didn't know that, lost a mark already.
From what it looks like as long as none of us have fucked up you're at 24/25 for multiple choice. That's 96%.

edit: 19 is D and 20 is C

Last edited:

Edward1

HSC
That question with the Vitamin E mixed into oil? Vitamin E is fat-soluable, so i'm thinking it would dissolve, and make the mixture cloudy. Who knows?

rednellav

HSC
Only one I'm iffy about is 11. It really depends on their definition of the term cloudy, it's open to interpretation really and it's not an objective term imho.

I think the term "pure" was used in a way that suggests that the answer is A. It's simply pure oil in pure oil, and we all know that that looks like just oil (lmao). So it came down to actually describing the characteristics of oil itself.

Is oil more "cloudy" or is it more "clear"? I don't really think it's the former, so I think it's A.

Edward1

HSC
But i don't think oil can be a solution...so it can't be A

epz

HSC
I think 17 is A. That's what I put. As far as I am aware, all alcohols are polar? Therefore, whilst alcohol can dissolve some substances water cannot, alcohol is polar.

However, it's definite that alcohol evaporates faster than water, used in cosmetics e.g. perfume

Not sure, but I put A for that.

Last edited:

Adam263

HSC
I think 17 is A. That's what I put. As far as I am aware, all alcohols are polar? Therefore, whilst alcohol can dissolve some substances water cannot, alcohol is non polar.

However, it's definite that alcohol evaporates faster than water, used in cosmetics e.g. perfume

Not sure, but I put A for that.
I also had A for this. And I believe 11 was A, I don't see how it could be a cloudy mixture, but still a fairly hazy question :/.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)