multiple choice? (1 Viewer)

dylanmcgirr

HSC
is the baptist church a protestant denomination? thought mc was okay apart from that which i probs got wrong

lastofus

HSC
The Baptist Church is definitely a branch of protestantism.

atcha

HSC
N/A
The answer to the question on how many Protestant Churches was "3".

leehuan

HSC
My fellow students also complained about the M/C. I'm keen to look at it tbh, wonder how many post-45 questions I can get out.

(Dropped SOR1 before trials lol.)

oht

HSC
Uni Grad
when your none of the studies of religion classes at your school were actually taught about protestant denominations... ha.. :-(

also

what did we get for that darn statement question?

kg457

HSC
im not so sure. I already got the answer wrong however i googled it when i got out of class and Baptists seem to be very defensive about being labelled protestant and seem to think they are not

leehuan

HSC
The way I remembered it - Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Anglicanism are specific. So just remember some Pentecostal churches and then if it's not any of those it's VERY likely a Protestant church. And I'm pretty sure Baptist are not Pentecostal.

mkristie

HSC
I feel like the mc was so bias towards catholic schools, and it barely covered a good range of the syllabus either

mkristie

HSC
when your none of the studies of religion classes at your school were actually taught about protestant denominations... ha.. :-(

also

what did we get for that darn statement question?
Pretty sure it was statement one was true, statement two was false (or at least that's what majority of my cohort got)

jerresaaa

HSC
I go to a catholic school but imo it didn't give us an advantage, tho I agree that MC didn't cover a good range of the syllabus

spatula232

HSC
The way I remembered it - Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Anglicanism are specific. So just remember some Pentecostal churches and then if it's not any of those it's VERY likely a Protestant church. And I'm pretty sure Baptist are not Pentecostal.
Pentecostalism is a 'sub-branch' of Protestantism. So a Pentecostal Church such as Hillsong are in fact Protestant. The Baptist Church are Protestant, yet not Pentecostal. Essentially, it's just 3 variants; Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant (which is basically any denomination that doesn't fit under Catholicism or Orthodoxy).

I feel like the mc was so bias towards catholic schools, and it barely covered a good range of the syllabus either
How? There were no 'Catholic-specific' multiple choice questions anyway... I think the multiple choice questions were fair but quite difficult in comparison to other years.

salcoo

HSC
Could someone post their MC answers so others can estimate their mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)