Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Gundi

The Man
HSC
howd use go. i had no much of an idea. i dont think i did too well in that section.
heres what i got. others put urs in too.
1 c
2 c
3 d
4 c had no idea
5 a no idea
6 b
7 c
8 a
9 d
10 b
11 b not much of an idea
12 b
13 d
14 c
15 a

hope use all did well. im hoping for an ok mark. i finished with 10mins to go thought it was a prety thorough exan. nothing like past papaers. iit was by far teh hardest from 2001-2004 exmas.

pHaTso

HSC
wow, ur'e brain must b kool 2 remember them all LOL, as i can't remember any. however, i recall using "a" 2-3 times, n i'm sure i coloured in "a" when u did as well. goodluck anyhow...

GB

crazed_fairy

these r my answers to the multiple choice...
1.c
2.c
3.d
4.a
5.c
6.b
7.c
8.a
9.d
10.b
11.c
12.b
13.d
14.b
15.a
these r pretty similar to urs...so hopefully we r doin ok

MouNtY

my ansers were:

1.c
2.c
3.d
4.a
5.c
6.b
7.c
8.a
9.d
10.b
11.b
12.b
13.d
14.b
15.a

so those are my answers....some of them i jus had no idea at all but yeah i think they were alrite

crazed_fairy

question 11

question 11 isnt b, coz the message is transmitted as an electromagnetic wave, the answer is c coz it is transformed from EM to electrical when it is received, but apart from that answer i agree with all your otherss and i reckon i went good so yeh...

punkd

heres my answer and reasoning
1) C - the phenomenom described is surface tension, which allows C to occur
2) C - it is important for detegents to be broken down and not cause problems in the environment
3) D - the drugs need to be soluble in order to release their medication, and not neccessarily in the mouth, a lozenge is only one form of drug dispension
4) A - no idea. educated guess, can't be Z cos water isnt an emulsifyer, Y says that a acidifying agent increases the pH but it actually lowers it, W sounded more technical than 'brightens the skin'
5) D - the medication is toxic internally, so by using water as the solvent, it prevents the skin surface being penetrated by water, cos it cant be
6) B - silicone insuitable for large joints, teflon plastic is used as a coating, iron metal is too heavy
7) B - thats what a pacemaker does
8) A - cartilage is a shock absorber in any joint
9) D - CPR wont restart the heart, it simply ensures oxygenated blood is delivered around the body until it can be defibrillated. EAR setablishes normal breathing patterns and we dont want to remove oxygen from the blood
10) B - the others arent true
11) C - encoding changes it from sound into electrical energy, transmitting from electrical into electromagnetic, recieving from electromagnetic into electrical and decoding from electrical into sound energy
12) B - it just does
13) D - A&B are ruled out cos satellite dishes in homes are stationary, C isnt true, both earth and the satellite are moving and D describes a geostationary orbit
14) B - the others are true but cant possibly be concluded from that particular experiment
15) B - there is the same degree of signal loss in both copper wires and optical fibres, just because it is made of glass doesnt mean greater carrying capacity or greater speed. it can only really be B

Skeeta

HSC
ok mine are the same as punkd except for 7 and 15

i am pretty sure that 7 is c.
pacemakers are for when the sinoatrial node in the heart stops functioning and electrical impulses are no longer recieved and therefore you get an irregular heart beat. The pacemaker sends electrical impulses to the heart in order to make it pump regulary..

for 15 i got a. i was stuck between a and b, but i went for a because all light in totally internally reflected which means smaller energy loss than copper cables that dont have total internal reflection

im almost positive about 7, but unsure about 15.

sigh

HSC
i dont really remember which i picked for each of the questions, but i went through the test with my teacher when i finished (i finished after an hour and a half) and all my answers in this section were right...

if anyones scanned a copy i can tell u the answers?

crazed_fairy

Skeeta said:
ok mine are the same as punkd except for 7 and 15

i am pretty sure that 7 is c.
pacemakers are for when the sinoatrial node in the heart stops functioning and electrical impulses are no longer recieved and therefore you get an irregular heart beat. The pacemaker sends electrical impulses to the heart in order to make it pump regulary..

for 15 i got a. i was stuck between a and b, but i went for a because all light in totally internally reflected which means smaller energy loss than copper cables that dont have total internal reflection

im almost positive about 7, but unsure about 15.
oi 7 is c...pacemakers regulate heartbeats by sending electrical impulses to the heart muscle, causing it to contract (beat)...thats a deffinition out of a text book...so they can't be lying!!!...or can they??

punkd

7 is definately C....i mustve wrote B cos i wasnt really looking at the question, i just saw the word 'heart'! a pacemaker doesnt control blood flow to the heart!!!
my exams are alllllll over, best weekend ivve ever had! IGA rewarded me too, a 4 pack of cruisers for $6.99!!!!!!! good luck with the rest of your exams!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)