Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
SamStewart said:
shes refering to me
ar5ena1 is a guy...just for the record...

lexii said:
17 is A. Why? Here's an explination for those of you who aren't as good with databases:

There can only be ONE unique entry per customer. I.e. only ONE John Smith who lives at Database Lane with a customer ID of 2.

But John Smith can take out many videos.

So it is a relationship of ONE (Customer) - MANY (Videos)

This automatically eliminated A & B.

Next, there is always only ONE unique video, with a unique barcode (Primary Key). But this same video can be taken out numerous times.

So it is a relationship of MANY (Transactions) - ONE(Video).

And that knocks out C, but you could to the last part if you wanted to be really sure.

So before you go out and call people retards, and then answer the question wrong yourselves, just think for a moment.
you just proved it was D, not A...

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
16 CANNOT be
A because the total payable symbol doesn't exist
C because if you look at the decision it ways payment OK Y=Reject... something's wrong with that...
D because it says system flow charts at the top "which of these system flowcharts below..." system flow charts do not use circles

which is why i picked B

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
16 is definately B. Unfortunatley I chose D in the test but whatever, anyway heres my logic:

a)They have email on a paper document!?
c) If the payment works, they reject it!?
d) Circles mean beggining/end, squares mean process.

Therefore, B is the only one that works.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Blay said:
16 CANNOT be
A because the total payable symbol doesn't exist
Actually it does, it means online storage.

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
question 20 is A
you must learn to convert binary if you are to fully understand this question:
in the checksum, it says

00001011, convert it properly from binary into our own number system will result in 13, count the number of 1s in the previous three bytes and you'll get 13, therefore checksum will not pick it up.

Parity will because exchanging the 0 and 1 will result in two of the bytes changing from odd to even and from even to odd. Parity bit will pick it up, as can be seen in question 20 which is C

LucyFaith

Question 17

Question 17 is D

The customer id appears once in the customer table but can appear many times in the transaction table, as people can have many transactions
The transaction to video is many to one. A video can be scanned out many times but would only appear once in the video table.
The video - movie is also many to one, As there are many copies of the same film, each with different barcodes, but infromation about it will only be kept once

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
SamStewart said:
ok look
i think its A because for video, each barcode is unique... so many people can borrow that one video, but video will always be ONE.. thers only one of each barcode so yeh thats why i put A
read the question: it says "the barcode field is a unique identification for each video cassette and the movie_id is a unique identification for each movie"

THEREFORE:

you have many customers, the barcode for the VIDEO cassette is the same for ALL the movies, but each of those same movies have a DIFFERENT movie_id... think about it, if you have the same barcode for all the movies, you wouldn't know which tape you're missing even if it's the same movie... they are identifying the tapes, not the movies

=___+ but im so stupid i didn't think... i circled C =( *cries*

lovelydebisme

HSC
N/A
I think I did poorly in IPT

however, seems to be good in MP, always good at MP: should have 17/20...
1.D 2.A 3.D 4.D 5.B 6.C 7.D 8.B 9.C 10.B
11.B 12.A 13.C 14.C 15.A 16.C 17.C 18.C 19.A 20.C

confusions on 6, 17 and 19, am i right? :eek:

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
A little wonder, question 4 would be D to obviously represent digital information. However, the question asks which graph represents the Transmission of a digital signal. If it were via radio and most other transmisson signals (mogority of digital signals) would require a carier signal. Making C the corect answer instead.

Im not sure whether this was the trick, or the more unrealistic, and obvious D.

Any ideas?

xeriphic

jumb said:
16 is definately B. Unfortunatley I chose D in the test but whatever, anyway heres my logic:

a)They have email on a paper document!?
c) If the payment works, they reject it!?
d) Circles mean beggining/end, squares mean process.

Therefore, B is the only one that works.
like I said can you link to something like customers without enclosing it with a shape

alby

cool duckie
HSC
SamStewart said:
yeh but only one transaction for customer id, then transaction-video , there is only ONE barcode, there cant be many barcodes (videos) so its many transactions for one barcode... then video-movie , there are many movies, so its that one video barcode to many movies..
A cant be correct!! i explained how A's wrong!!
you're completely confused!
as it says in the question: "at any one time a video can only be borrowed by one customer, but the customer may borrow more than one video at a time"
& if you're that blonde;
- yeah, there's lots of customers, but they can have multiple transactions (ie. they can take out multiple videos at one time) :). many transactions to 1 customer)
- "the customer may borrow more than one video at a time" (as stated in the q) :). many videos to 1 transaction)
- there's multiple barcodes to one movie (they have multiple copies, havent you been to the video store...ever???) :). many videos to 1 movie)

stop trying to confuse yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemstone

xeriphic said:
like I said can you link to something like customers without enclosing it with a shape
Yes telecomunication links are the little Z shape things that's there shape you don't put them in a box or anything because a box is a symbol for another thing (I forgot now - process I think) so you can't put it in a box. It just stays outside of a shape. At least that's what I think.

pgeorges121

what about Q. 15 ?!?!?

l no like that question !

but l had D for that 1... but ppl keep trying to convince me that its A or C
but wtf.. who uses a router for connection to another router.. from a server?
um l kno the answer.. no one.. cause routers are slow.. and expensive.. and smell funny.

so l say Q. 15 is D !!!!

what do ya'll say hmm

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
my answers:
1. D
2. A
3. D
4. C
5. B
6. C
7. D
8. B
9. C
10. B
11. B
12. A
13. C
14. C
15. A
16. A had to pick between A and B and i chose the wrong one....
17. B this was just a random guess....
18. A
19. C pfftt..... i cant count damn it..... i knew how it worked
20. C

i got a few wrong but i dont care this is my last exam

todd2230

multi q9

the new mobile phone on,e does any1 agree that the answer could possibly be b) because mobile phones never had colour screens in the past so therefore images and video could not be played... so a new feature of mobile phones is also a colour screen
i was unsure between c and b
c i thought mayb but doesnt a higher frequency just mean it can pass through walls and stuff better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)