Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

HSC
h0mbre said:
flash memory does not have a read/write head mate
i answered it without even concentrating on the sequence part, i know that hard drives can be accessed in any sequence so i put c straight away
Flash memory may not have a read/write head, but it is the only one there that is a random access storage device. Therefore, it has to be A from my personal opinion.

h0mbre

HSC
a hard drive does not have sequential access
its random access/direct access

zeladoni

HSC
N/A
Question 19 was definately c). if you have a look on the top of the question its out of optic fibre cable, copper cable and wirless transmissions.

If Medium 1 does not require cable installation (therefore is wireless) how can medium 2 be a cordless telephone

Srixon

HSC
hombre i think u are right pretty sure it aint a) becasue y would they put a arrow on something to do with flash memory? Fullmetal jacket just give up flash memory is not the only thing that can access things in any order

Srixon

HSC
lol u will probalby beat me any ways hopefully i get atleast 80

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
damn i thought i got al the answers wrong and i looked at the front of the booklet and it was 2004 HAHAHHAHAAH fk im an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elseany

HSC
umm, first time im posting but u guys are making soo many mistakes just thought i might clear it up (as well as i can).

===================================================

Q7 Several networked computers share a databse that is stored on one computer. - which type of network architecture is this?

Well, none of the others are even network architectures, but not considering that lets go through them. The first two are conversion methods - completely unrelated. The third is distributed, the part where its says stored on one computer gives it away... its NOT distributed. The fourth is client-server, this is clearly the answer, client-server deals with deals with how a host delivers information to a computer based ona protocol, i think what would of confused most people is read this in the context of the internet and thinking it applies only to the internet.

The answer is (D)

Q11 Deals with Packet switching.

CBB explaining but go to page 90 of the heinman text book and its explained there.

The answer is (B)

Q12 Question with decision table.

The answer is most definately C. Its the only one where both instances work

Q13 The question with the data dictionary and asked about the a range cehck to prevent entry of bookings with 14 days.

I talked to my friends about this and we were all pretty tosed up, but it was definately (C) or (D). When i looked at it i found C but i cant assure that.

Q16 The context Diagram that gets elaborated on.

Noone has talked about this but everyone has a different Answer.

Maybe someone who is sure of their response can please answer this.

Q17 Asks you to identify a medium with the correct definition relating to the image. Its abit poorly worded, but basically where it says "medium this device uses" generally means refering to this image. The image is clearly of some disc.

Umm people are saying its A but unfortunately thats incorrect. Well thats what i put also but its wrong.

The obvious correct answers are A and C. Magnetic disk is a Hard Drive and can access the data in any sequence, so it can access the data in the sequence given. Flash memory can also access data in any sequence. However, flash memory does not use a disk.

The answer is (C)

19 The table in reference to the characteristics of the transmission medium.

To answer just determine which medium is which without looking at the answers and then matching up the mediums with the appropriate answer.

Looking at it again i think i got it wrong :< , i put B but:

I beleive the answer is (C)

Q20 The decision table thing.

Both answers C and D are correct however it asks for the minimum requirements so:

The correct answer is (C)

Hoped that cleared up for everyone, now im just gonna kick back and game hardcore :>

p.s. sorry for the long post and elaborate use of the bold tag

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
my answers were:

1 B
2 C
3 A
4 D
5 B
6 A
7 B
8 A
9 B
10 D
11 D
12 C
13 C
14 A
15 B
16 C
17 C
18 D
19 B
20 C

if anyone wants me to explain how I got the answers I did, just ask coz I can't be bothered atm.
also, I haven't checked everyone elses answers but yeh, I was only unsure of a few coz the wording in the q's really gave away a lot.

Ideas Man

HSC
16, I had A for the following reasons:

It isn't B) because payment details are NOT accessed to make a booking, in fact, the arrow points in the wrong direction for that to be correct.
C) is also wrong because the customer provides no details to the bank, the customer deals only with the Make booking process.
D) is also wrong because the customer receives a payment record and travel confirmation thing from the Process payment process, the process receives the transaction receipt.

Plus, A) is true, the stored data is used to make the booking, the request goes to the data store and the data store returns the selected flight, which the Make booking process does.
----------------------------------------
Question 17 is C for the following reasons:
It isn't flash memory because flash memory does not have a read/write head, does not rotate, and does not store data in concentric circles (tracks) there's your first clue that eliminates them all but one.
It isn't tape because once again it's a series of concentric circles, not a spiral, plus, if it was a tape, there's no way it could be read in that order.
It isn't an optical disc either, this is because optical discs do not store data in concentric circles, they store them in a long continuous spiral, like a record does, plus there's no guarantee that it will be read in that order, especially if it reads A first, it could read C or E or B before D even comes around to it.

Therefore it has to be the magnetic disk because magnetic disks store data in concentric circles called tracks, which are broken up into sectors, the fact it is round and has a read/write head, and it is rotating, plus the fact it says Could be accessed... also gives it away.

Anyway, m/c I had:
1: B
2: C
3: A
4: D
5: B
6: A
7: D
8: C
9: B
10: D
11: B
12: C
13: C
14: A
15: B
16: A
17: C
18: D
19: C
20: C

Last edited:

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
Ideas Man said:
Therefore it has to be the magnetic disk because magnetic disks store data in concentric circles called tracks, which are broken up into sectors, the fact it is round and has a read/write head, and it is rotating, plus the fact it says Could be accessed... also gives it away.
Aww crap I was gonna put that but put flash down for some reason. Another stupid mistake cost me marks :(

steelite

HSC
Ideas Man said:
16, I had A for the following reasons:

It isn't B) because payment details are NOT accessed to make a booking, in fact, the arrow points in the wrong direction for that to be correct.
C) is also wrong because the customer provides no details to the bank, the customer deals only with the Make booking process.
D) is also wrong because the customer receives a payment record and travel confirmation thing from the Process payment process, the process receives the transaction receipt.

Plus, A) is true, the stored data is used to make the booking, the request goes to the data store and the data store returns the selected flight, which the Make booking process does.
When was it stored? The data store there is for flight availability, no where in the diagram is there a data store which has a detail datastore. Its b since ther customers details, including payment details are sent to the process of making a booking

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
steelite said:
When was it stored? The data store there is for flight availability, no where in the diagram is there a data store which has a detail datastore. Its b since ther customers details, including payment details are sent to the process of making a booking
Ideas man is right about question 16, its the only logical repsonse as the stored data (flight availability) is directly accessed by the process of 'make booking' It cant be B cause payment details are a flowline, you cant access a flowline- and even if u could, those details are for making the payment, not the booking. Also look at the direction in which the arrows point, customers details are sent FROM the make booking process, not the other way around.

MissyD

HSC
Umm

I am totally unsure about question 17 now, i thought it would have to relate to the diagram thats why i was a little hesitant when i picked A but doesn't "sequential access" mean that the device has to be accessed in sequence like "A, D, B, E, C" but it can't be optical disk because an optical disk is random access..ARGHH i have no idea anymore! i going to go to school and ask my teacher so we know once and for all!!
Goodbye

Ideas Man

HSC
Yes, you're right, that's sequential access, the only medium there that was sequential was the tape.

MissyD

HSC
dammit!

I went and seen my teacher, the correct answer for 17 is C *cries*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)