Mums old clothes (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
My mum is cleaning out the garage, and she found these two old suitcases full of all her old 60's and 70's clothes. OH MY GOD there is some awesome stuff in there. right now i am wearing these cute as blue shorts they're like daisy duke styles, thay come up pretty high theyre so funny.

also in these cases were these really gorgeous dresses and skirts that are in shops right now!

anyone else wear their mums old stuff??

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i wear some of my mums old belts and handbags and stuff that are pretty cool. besides that not really. we share clothes though- i wear one of her black 3 quarter skirts to work all the time to the point where its basically mine, and she sometimes borrows my tops and ALWAYS steals my handbags and flat shoes and 'forgets' to give them back.

ediisjoz

HSC
i wear alot of my mums old silver jewellery.. she had this silver ring with green enamel which she tried to file off.. so theres bits of silver showing & bits of enamel but its nice still, and i wear a gorgeous bangle she got when she was abt 21, and stuff like that.. i steal her scarves sometimes too..

HSC
N/A
I love going through my mum's old clothes...I always seem to find something everytime I look! Ha, I even took my dad's old belt, because its length made it knot-able =)

olchik

HSC
It sounds great that you can wear your mom's stuff! I wish I could too, but unfortunately we have different sizes:(

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ive stolen many of my mums cardigans :eek:
also a really cool top she made way back when. and one bag. everything else is pretty gross.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
My mum didn't keep any of her stuff. We share clothes though, and beads lol

My grandma recently found a whole box of old jewellery from her time back in the 50's and 60s....all the jewellery that's in fashion now lol So she gave me a whole heap of beautiful earrings, big bangles, and beads!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
olchik said:
It sounds great that you can wear your mom's stuff! I wish I could too, but unfortunately we have different sizes:(

its not good having the same sizes at times, trust me, when they borrow all your stuff

frootloop

HSC
Ew... we have heaps of mum's clothing in storage but all of it is gross! It's like stuff from the late 80s/early 90s...

Besides, we're different sizes and we have different styles. i.e. I don't wear skirts but she lives in them. She thinks 'more is more' while I think 'less is more'. Etc. Etc.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
My mum borrows my clothes more than I borrow hers. Actually I can't really borrow her stuff because she's a couple sizes smaller than me. :/

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ive always looked at old 70s pictures of mum and thought how much thinner she was than me at my age. but apparently not, coz her old clothes fit me! theres no way she'd fit into anything of mine now. and she has smaller feet than me so shoes are out.

more than anything i'd love to go through my grandmas house, and my mums old bedroom and go through all the old clothes and jewellry and books. but grandmas pretty touchy about people going through things like that.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
im keeping all my stuff in case i ever have kids, especially all my chunky bangles and earrings and so forth

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i wear my mums pajamies and slippers.
and my mum usually adopts all my shoes i no longer wear, or have grown out of.

a few months ago, my mum was talking about some silver belt she has that she reakons i will like. dont know what will happen to it.

but yeah, my mum doesnt have any of her old clothes. but ive seen photos. my mum was pretty daggy. she had some nice pieces of clothes, but nothing i would wear. but then again, the majority of photos ive seen of her when she was younger are in Europe in winter.but goddamn, she and her friends had some rad bikinis when they were in yr12.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
theres pictures of my cheerleader mum at stamford university in the 70's, and she was HOT! she wore these tiny shorts with big farrah fawcet hair and tiny tie up tops.

now she wears mostly black in unflattering, conservative cuts, and all her cute clothing is back in the states with my grandmother. even if i wanted to wear her boring clothes now shes 2 sizes bigger than i am. her old things would fit me well though. ill have to make a trip to steal all her old clothes next time i am in america.

i always wear her jewellery though, she had some extremely generous suitors in her day...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i wear lots of mum's clothes because we're both a size 12 and 9 in shoes and she shops at a lot of the same places i do anyway (portmans, wittner, glassons, jeanswest, review etc)

Always

HSC
I can't fit into my mother's clothes unfortunately, as she is 10 cm taller and a size larger, which is a real shame as she has some gorrrgeous pieces. Sometimes I wear her cardigans and shirts/blouses oversized, and I wear her trenchcoats as well.

I don't even get to wear her old 80's clothing. My mum isn't one for sentimentality and disposed of all her clothing from her teens long ago. Shame, shame, shame.

Though I always, always, always 'borrow' her accessories: handbags, sunnies, vintage scarves, belts, brooches, hair pins/pieces, and of course, the jewels. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)