Murder by numbers (1 Viewer)

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
Hey, i got my 1/2 yearly mark back and was devestated! my mark was much lower than i usually get, it was kinda avarage compared to everyone else at my school but i was just wondering ... what kind of marks did everybody get? The frustration is killing me!!!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Comparing yourself won't do much good. Work harder next time and you'll go well.

Nerd Queen

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Comparing yourself won't do much good. Work harder next time and you'll go well.

I know comparing won't make a difference. (The whole you dont become any skinnier by calling someone else fat or any prettier by calling someone else ugly or any smarter by calling someone else dumb or {.... well you get the point} thing applies). But I was genuinley dissapointed. Between my last assesment and this assesment my mark went down by 18% and two bands. I was tring to improve not drop my marks. also maths is usually one of my highest marks but this time it was my lowest!

How can i not worry?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
no need to worry sister...because when it comes down to it, you can still get a band 6 for mathematics in your HSC...just keep working harder.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
feelings mutual Im affraid... I dropped considerably for 2u... very very disappointing, the level of careless errors was enormous. I came home, sat down and corrected every mistake within 20 mins... maybe I shouldn't be so cocky next time... arggg...

Nerd Queen

HSC
Yes I Know i was a bit like "oh yeah i know what i'm doing". but i lost most of marks on the stupidist mistakes. and that just makes me feel worse. If i just did not get the whole thing i would of been like "well i tried" but it was stupid mistakes!

GRRRRRRR!

Thanx though,i will try and take more care next time .....JEEZ I SUCK!

Pace_T

HSC
how long was ur exam?
how much time did u have to look over ur work? (if u had time that is)
one of the most important tricks to getting the marks u thought u should get is by working quickly. the smartest people at maths make mistakes too. its the time at the end that allows them to pick up on the mistakes and get those extra marks

18% lost to silly mistakes sounds a bit big, was it a short test with less marks?

tennille

HSC
Don't worry too much. 2U scales pretty well. Just go well in the last few exams. I remember last years 2U HSC exam, I came out crying because it was so hard and I ended up getting a band 6. My first asessment mark was pretty average too...i think 73 or something. Just make sure you know everything in the course and ask if you're having problems.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Well if you know you did stupid mistakes then that's better than having no clue of what to do for the questions. Anyways if you have good ranking for assessment marks then that should be enough. This is the case with my software class, I'm first which means that I get scaled up higher than the rest when it comes to the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)