Murray Smith is a poopwit! (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
This time Murray Smith has pissed me off too much.
It doesn't sound like much that the lecture notes aren't up. But it is a big thing. It takes no time at all to put them up. I even sent him an email:

Hello,

I am a student of your ECMT1010 class and was wondering when the week 10 notes will be posted up on blackboard. Not having completed mathematics in years 11 and 12 of school, I find it very difficult to follow the subject unless I can study the notes in depth before each lecture. I am sure there are others in a similar position.

This was sent on Monday. Still no sign of lecture notes. AND there's even a read receipt for my email, meaning he has read it yesterday. It's just regoddamdiculous. Like cupcakes with no icing.

This isn't the first time he's pissed me off. Economics and business orientation day: I asked him "I haven't done maths since year 10 and I need to complete ecmt1010 for mktg. Will I be able to pass?"
He replied with: "No you won't. It is highly maths oriented. It features complex maths you would need at least 2unit advanced mathematics for. You will also need to complete ecmt 1020 (or whatever statistics B is). This will require a 3unit maths level of knowledge. I don't think you will be able to major in marketing."
I got really scared. The reason I'm doing my course is so i could major in marketing. Otherwise I'd be doing Arts.
Luckily the helpful MKTG3001 guy cleared it up soon saying I only need ecmt1010 and to pass it I could survive on no maths knowledge and without a bridging course if I started applying myself in full to the course from the beginning.

That's my bitch about murray smith.

Oh and i hate him, his laser pointer and I probably hate the computer program he wrote.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Did you mention terribly overcomplicated slides?

sarevok

HSC
i'm not even going to lectures any more. waste of time

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I havnt been to one ecmt lecture since the first lecture after tig left. Teach yourself, its much more fun.

kow_dude

HSC
Yer i was wondering why the week 10 lecture notes arent posted. Could this be some sort of punichment for noise level in lectures??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
my friend who has murray for ECMT reckons he's not posting them as sort of a revenge act for people not bothering to show up to his lectures?

HSC
hmm..really sounds like a logical solution from Mr PHD Murray ay..
punish those who don't turn up...as well as those who do.

Lainee

HSC
We went up to talk to him today after the lecture and asked him to put the slides up. His responce: "Maybe I will, maybe I won't. There's nothing in the syllabus that requires me to."
Like WTF? Waste of time going to his lectures really..

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Dont worry Lainee, ill bash him for you.

rrraaaaaaaarrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
OMFG he IS fuck wit...
u poor souls... u guys should have done stat in science... least u don't have to put up with this bull crab...

oh btw, ecmt seems to have a lot of scholarships... juicy =)

sarevok

HSC
"oh btw, ecmt seems to have a lot of scholarships... juicy =)"

well i'd imagine you'd have to pay some one to get them to study anything more than the bare minimum in this shitty subject

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Lainee said:
We went up to talk to him today after the lecture and asked him to put the slides up. His responce: "Maybe I will, maybe I won't. There's nothing in the syllabus that requires me to."
I have only been to a few of Murray's lectures...and I thought he was a bit of a dick...but this confirms it.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
matt#1 said:
I have only been to a few of Murray's lectures...and I thought he was a bit of a dick...but this confirms it.
I think it is because he is fat and ugly. We should really send him to Indonesia with drugs strapped in between his fat rolls.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Murray, or MDS as he is more affectionately known is looking for a village.

How can I possibly front up to 8am lectures to hear his monotone voice. Monday morning was a prime example, no lecture slides on bboard - nothing. He beings the lecture in that usual unappreciative monotonic voice and proceeds to use his laser pointer at irrelavant times, pointing at something even blind Freddy could see. He then seems to go back 9 slides to refer to an earlier point. His progression from slide to slide is slower than afternoon traffic coming home on Cleveland St (which is painful). And what the hell was he doing talking about scatter plots and forest clearing in Monday's lecture - no wonder everyone was asleep/talking violently loudly.

I say bring back Tiggy. At least his continual referral to words such as *in best half American-half Canadian accent* "Recognise...." and "Well..." were of more interest than MDS lecturing right up until 9am on the dot.

kow_dude

HSC
I think Tig took over during the first couple of weeks because we did very boring topics. The fact that he was an influential and entertaining lecturer, he would be able to teach those dull topics in the most interesting way as possible.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, seems like they sedate you for abit.... then throw the monster at ya :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just sent an email to tig complaining about murray.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
just sent an email to tig complaining about murray.
That was possibly the stupidest thing you could have done.

First they will find your student number, then frame it on their staffroom wall, and wait for your exam to come in, and proceed to fuck you up.

Tig and Murray are friends man, they have an interest in this shit. Its not like Paul Vautin and Rebecca Wilson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)