Murray Smith is a poopwit! (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
just sent an email to tig complaining about murray.
Haha... cant believe you actually did that. You earn a rep point!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I didn't directly say that murray smith is a dick. I more called him a fag. Well, no. Here's the email:

Hey Tig!

My first question is this: Murray Smith refuses to put up PowerPoint slides on blackboard, apparently because certain individuals talk too much and a number of people don’t attend lectures. Sure, this has some benefits, but the people like me who come to all the lectures, stay quiet and try very hard are disadvantaged as well. I, for example did not do mathematics in Years 11 and 12 at school. Prior to each lecture, I study the powerpoint slides, make sure I can understand it to the best of my ability, hoping that the lectures clear my queries up. Right now, without the powerpoint slides, I sit in lectures like a dazed bunny looking at incoming headlights. None of it makes sense. I try copying down slides, but Murray has a famous tendency to talk about a slide briefly, then go back ten slides, forward 3 slides, back 5 slides again, before I can understand what’s going on.
Is there something that we can do in order to get the slides for the last and following week posted up?

My last question is this: will we need to test a hypothesis using the p-value test in the upcoming quiz and exams? I am finding that method difficult to understand, especially since we can do practically the same thing using the regular (friendly J ) testing method.

Thanking you in advance,

Stas

Last edited:

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
I didn't directly say that murray smith is a dick. I more called him a fag. Well, no. Here's the email:

Hey Tig!

My first question is this: Murray Smith refuses to put up PowerPoint slides on blackboard, apparently because certain individuals talk too much and a number of people don’t attend lectures. Sure, this has some benefits, but the people like me who come to all the lectures, stay quiet and try very hard are disadvantaged as well. I, for example did not do mathematics in Years 11 and 12 at school. Prior to each lecture, I study the powerpoint slides, make sure I can understand it to the best of my ability, hoping that the lectures clear my queries up. Right now, without the powerpoint slides, I sit in lectures like a dazed bunny looking at incoming headlights. None of it makes sense. I try copying down slides, but Murray has a famous tendency to talk about a slide briefly, then go back ten slides, forward 3 slides, back 5 slides again, before I can understand what’s going on.
Is there something that we can do in order to get the slides for the last and following week posted up?

My last question is this: will we need to test a hypothesis using the p-value test in the upcoming quiz and exams? I am finding that method difficult to understand, especially since we can do practically the same thing using the regular (friendly J ) testing method.

Thanking you in advance,

S. Madorski

S Madorski, before you worry about the function of the P value for ECMT1010, you must consider the the function of the Junk Mail email option...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myg0t said:
S Madorski, before you worry about the function of the P value for ECMT1010, you must consider the the function of the Junk Mail email option...
haha i layk it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
Lecture slides on blackboard.....

get used to it. not one of my subjects this semester chucks stuff on blackboard.
Doesn't ecop have lecture outlines posted at the beginning of semester?

I also bet your lecturers aren't idiots, who don't know how to properly conduct a lecture, don't properly explain the material etc.

Mathematics-based subjects such as ECMT1010 require lecture notes to follow along with the brisk pace. They contain vital things such as formulas, examples etc, that at times go by too quickly to copy. Especially when the lecturer has a quirky habit of going back and forth between slides.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Where are the slides for next week?

Dont tell me he's going to do it again...

kow_dude

HSC
011 said:
Where are the slides for next week?

Dont tell me he's going to do it again...
great..... seems like he's gonna do it again :mad:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
whatever happened to homework answers being posted. its only been done once.

Last edited:

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
I can see how not posting lecture slides is really going to encourage more people to come to lectures. It will also encourage those who have been, to still attend. :confused:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
to tell u the truth i don't even know why I go to lectures. The text book explains everything much much much better

stazi

Nightman
HSC
maybe everyone shouldnt go. just to piss him off.
the last lesson should only be case studies anyway

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
so what topics did we attempt to learn last week?
were you asking me? I thought you were at all the lectures

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Correlation coefficient stuff. Then regression. Regression confused me twenty-fold

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
i was confused by his laser pointer from day 1

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Today pissed me off. I spent all this time trying to remember the gay arse formulas he was explaining for 10 hours last week. Then today he goes "you don't need to know them. they'll be provided for you in an exam"
I am borat, Fuck to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)