• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muscle/fat question (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i dont think weights is necessarily needed for everything.

stuff like weight loss, fat loss, mainly diet and cardio to lose the fat.

to gain muscle, whether arms or chest or abs, of course weights is required.
Weight training elevates the heart rate and stays elevated for 48 hours, hence burning more calories while at rest.

Muscle burns fat

More muscle = Greater fat burn = fat loss.

muscleman09

HSC
No one has directly answered the OP's question, well, he tried asking it anyway... in a weird way. OP is asking, how do I get Abs & make my chest bigger and muscly.

Answer: For the Abdominal muscles of a healthy 18 year old man to show 'naturally', he must have a body fat level of 6-8%. 8% at max, other wise, you are skinny, or lean, but just have flabs.

'Healthy 18 year old man', would be of average height, weight would be at 70-75 KG.

SIT UPS AND CRUNCHES ARE POINTLESS if you have fat on your stomach, they well ONLY STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE MUSCLES, not develop them into rock hard Abs.

The only way to get to 7% body fat, is by strict diet and cardio exercise, as mentioned several times in this thread.

High intensity cardio ( running, skipping, anything that will make you sweat like a pig), and increase your heart rate for short amounts of time, but often.

In regards to using weights, YES WEIGHTS HELP YOU BURN FAT. You will burn fat 100x faster than just doing cardio. Not only will weight training RESHAPE your body, it will also burn the excess energy you do not use.

For your chest, it would be great if you were at 70-80 KG then begin weight training to gain mass. If you have manboobs, dont bother, just do cardio until they shrivvle up. (I hate seeing the apes at fitness first, their all fat, but do weights, making them look like morons.)

LOSE FAT then develop muscle.

PS: best weight training, is doing free weights. You end up carrying more weight than you would with actual weights, body weight is overpowered.
:wave:

muscleman09

HSC
Weight training elevates the heart rate and stays elevated for 48 hours, hence burning more calories while at rest.

Muscle burns fat

More muscle = Greater fat burn = fat loss.

oh, missed this post.

wrxsti is right

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
No one has directly answered the OP's question, well, he tried asking it anyway... in a weird way. OP is asking, how do I get Abs & make my chest bigger and muscly.

Answer: For the Abdominal muscles of a healthy 18 year old man to show 'naturally', he must have a body fat level of 6-8%. 8% at max, other wise, you are skinny, or lean, but just have flabs.

'Healthy 18 year old man', would be of average height, weight would be at 70-75 KG.

SIT UPS AND CRUNCHES ARE POINTLESS if you have fat on your stomach, they well ONLY STRENGTHEN YOUR CORE MUSCLES, not develop them into rock hard Abs.

The only way to get to 7% body fat, is by strict diet and cardio exercise, as mentioned several times in this thread.

High intensity cardio ( running, skipping, anything that will make you sweat like a pig), and increase your heart rate for short amounts of time, but often.

In regards to using weights, YES WEIGHTS HELP YOU BURN FAT. You will burn fat 100x faster than just doing cardio. Not only will weight training RESHAPE your body, it will also burn the excess energy you do not use.

For your chest, it would be great if you were at 70-80 KG then begin weight training to gain mass. If you have manboobs, dont bother, just do cardio until they shrivvle up. (I hate seeing the apes at fitness first, their all fat, but do weights, making them look like morons.)

LOSE FAT then develop muscle.

PS: best weight training, is doing free weights. You end up carrying more weight than you would with actual weights, body weight is overpowered.
:wave:
im pretty sure OP's question was directly answered in the third post.

and...arent u fat? i seem to remember u saying somewhere that u were..

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
oh, missed this post.

wrxsti is right
Alot of ppl tend to steer away from cardio, but the workout to the whole body (I mean every muscle and organ) is awesome. Very good for blood circulation and lungs.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Hi
If someone has a bit of belly fat, and you do situps crucnhes etc, your muscles get bigger, is it true that these muscles will push the fat out even more though?

Same thing with chests, just wondergin thanks.
There are to many people here talking garbage. Simple answer. You work out. Your muscles get bigger. You lose half a % of fat when you gain muscle because muscle burns a small amount of fat. But still as your muscles get bigger and your cardio is at a minimum, your fat will cover your muscles. So you will look bulky but also unhealthy. You might have big bulky arms that have no shape just size. If you work on fat loss and cardio, that big arm will become shaped and ripped. Overall you will look beter. Your muscles could be huge but your arms will look bulgy and unshaped if they have a coat of fat over them.

Work on cardio and at the same time weight train. Your muscles will grow as your fat decreases. In a few months time you will be looking healthy and fit.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
BMR Calculator

according to this my BMR is like 2016 calories a day, + the activites its 4000

SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

Say I was to eat nothing, wouldnt I lose more then 0.46 kilos a day?

since 0.46 kilos of fat has 3500 calories, or am I missing something?

Shoom

HSC
N/A
5:52 pm and its dark, how the hell can I do any proper cardio ( jogging)

maybe it is better though, at night no one can see you, so you fell more comfortable.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC

maybe it is better though, at night no one can see you, so you fell more comfortable.
Mate I love running in the dark. Just make sure it's a safe place though! Plus, the added creepiness motivates me to run harder.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC

I run at night on purpose. At like 7-8. It's pretty dark. For some reason running at night is easier than day for me. Maybe cause i can't really see what's going on and keep running straight. But i wouldn't recommend it lol. There are alot of creepos out there.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

I run at 5am in the morning on most days of the week..i don't run at night..cause i don't want people to see a lanky person running around ....haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)